What's new
What's new

Rigid tapping

marcv68

Plastic
Hi guys im new to haas and was wondering how to get to and turn on rigid tapping parameter. We have a haas mini mill and we wanna tap some 6-32 holes in some aluminum. Thx in advance.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Parameter 57, Rigid Tap needs to be a "1"

If a machine that has rigid tap, toggle to 1 and your good.

If a new machine or used without the Rigid Tap option...there will be a 200 hour trial period you can use.
Once that trial period is up its time to pay the piper.
Used to be you could turn it on, use...then shut to save the Trial time. Not sure if that still holds true.

If you haven't tried changing Parameters yet---

Hit the "E-Stop"
Press "Settings"
Type "7" (Parameter Unlock) then "Enter"

Press "Parameter"
Type "57" then "Enter"

Arrow down to Highlight "Rigid Tap"

Type "1" then "Enter"

Zero should become a 1...Rigid Tap is on.
If a trial next to the 1 should be a "T" for trial

Now go back to setting "7" and lock Parameters, Pull E-Stop and your in business.

I don't know if it's true for Haas, but there needs to be some way to be sure about synchronization, like an encoder, on the spindle. Otherwise, even if you turn on the parameter, it won't work.

On my VF2, I lost rigid tapping when the encoder belt broke. The machine would read the cycle, but it just sat above the hole with the spindle turning.

AFAIK, the only thing the spindle encoder is used for is rigid tapping. If the machine wasn't optioned with rigid tap, it probably does not even have the spindle encoder.

It depends on the machine's configuration for its hardware. Newer mills come with all that hardware built-in, but older ones may not be that lucky.

On my VF2, I lost rigid tapping when the encoder belt broke. The machine would read the cycle, but it just sat above the hole with the spindle turning.

AFAIK, the only thing the spindle encoder is used for is rigid tapping. If the machine wasn't optioned with rigid tap, it probably does not even have the spindle encoder.

My VF2 needs to know spindle position to orient the spindle for a tool change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back