What's new
What's new

SL20 tries to index locked turret on G28 call

John-K

Plastic
We recently realigned the tool turret (it was out of square by .030" across the face), we found that the previous owner had taken the turret off and rotated the male turret coupling so that the access hole didn't line up with the brass access plug.

After getting everything back together and realigned (within 0.0003"), we have run into an issue.

Whenever a G28 is called in a program, the machine tries to home ALL AXIS including the TURRET immediately, without first unlocking the turret. This causes an ALARM 106.

If I place an M43 (turret unlock) before the G28, it unlocks the turret and homes all axis simultaneously (this would be ugly if it happened too close to the chuck/part). We noticed this problem after resetting the X centerline zero, adjusting the motor coupling, resetting the tool probe, and running some test cuts.

Using the POWER UP/ RESTART Homes the machine in the correct order of operations, as does a ZERO RETURN > AUTO ALL AXIS. It Homes X, then B, then Z, and then unlocks the turret and Homes A.

I thought it may be an issue with either the Turret Lock/Unlock switch or Air Cylinder switch, but its not showing any other alarms.

Under DIAG I can see "Tool Turret Unl." and "T. Turret Locked" both alternately cycling from 0 to 1 when manually calling an M43 and M44.

EDIT:

Manufacture Date 03/00
Link 03/06/26
VER 04.27N
MOCON#1 10.02

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance,

-John

I've been pulling my hair out for the last 15 hours...

I just noticed that Parameter 43, INVIS AXIS was still set to 0, I changed it back to 1, and it works fine now.

Back