What's new
What's new

Source for filter netting as found on newer machines.

SeymourDumore

Diamond
Guys, does anyone know a source for rolls of the filter nets that's used on the new machines?

I'm not trying to be cheap, and likely can get the pre-cut versions from the HFO, but I'm more interested in retrofitting
some of my other machines with a similar pre-screen.

I absolutely am sick of the metal screens that are a whopping 20sq" in size, clog up all the time and a bitch to clean, so trying to figure
out a way to insert the netting into the baskets and in some other places, and when full, just throw the friggin' things away to be replaced with a fresh one.

Thanks

Guys, does anyone know a source for rolls of the filter nets that's used on the new machines?

I'm not trying to be cheap, and likely can get the pre-cut versions from the HFO, but I'm more interested in retrofitting
some of my other machines with a similar pre-screen.

I absolutely am sick of the metal screens that are a whopping 20sq" in size, clog up all the time and a bitch to clean, so trying to figure
out a way to insert the netting into the baskets and in some other places, and when full, just throw the friggin' things away to be replaced with a fresh one.

Thanks

McMaster Carr has a lot of different types of mesh filters... Here is a page with some of their net type filters.. I would give their site a good search and see if they might have what you want.

I think I remember an installation tech telling me that the elastic-edged netting for the machine we got was actually something like a commercial hair net that they just repurposed. Not sure it that's the case with all the new machines, or if I misunderstood him.

I think I remember an installation tech telling me that the elastic-edged netting for the machine we got was actually something like a commercial hair net that they just repurposed.

Man, if that is in fact the case, it will be one more thing one can write up as a genius idea, along with the stove burners for regen-resistors and a PC power supply on older machines.
Sidenote: To date, I am yet to have a failure with either of those on 3 machines of 10+ years of age.

Thanks for the links at McMaster, will browse through them.

When we got our 2012 ST-20, we really liked the basket filter included. I bought some nickel plated wire baskets and used paint strainers for 5 gallon buckets to retrofit all of my older Haas machines. The paint strainers have the elastic band made into them and are available in different mesh sizes. You shouldn't have any issues sourcing either the basket or the strainers. I bought quite a few with the intent to sell them as kits, but haven't put them out there yet. PM me if interested.

Ever used landscape fabric? I was introduced to it recently when installing a French drain and now use it in both mill and lathe. I have what will probably amount to a lifetime supply left over so if you want a sample then PM your mailing info and I'll send you some to try.

Ever used landscape fabric? I was introduced to it recently when installing a French drain and now use it in both mill and lathe. I have what will probably amount to a lifetime supply left over so if you want a sample then PM your mailing info and I'll send you some to try.

SHIT! Landscape fabric! :dopeslap:
I've got rolls of that stuff in a few different thicknesses!
And to boot, it's non-woven so it won't tear when mushing it around the basket.

Back