What's new
What's new

Spindle not starting with TSC on

jimmyfab

Plastic
2007 VF3SS just installed a few weeks ago.....looks like inherited the previous owners problems. Ive sorted out a lot of issue and now I am trying to use the TSC. My programs are posted with the M88 command coming before the spindle speed command like it should. When the program runs it will change to the correct tool, turn on the TSC, but then it just hangs there with the TSC on.....no errors or anything. The spindle will not start. Ive installed a brand new screen filter on the pump, brand new inline 20 micron filter. The hose from the pump to the filter housing on the back of the machine does have a slight kink in it like it was stepped on or pinched.....im going to take it a hydraulics shop and have them make me a new one just as a pre-caution. Any ideas what might prevent the spindle from coming on with the TSC on?

2007 VF3SS just installed a few weeks ago.....looks like inherited the previous owners problems. Ive sorted out a lot of issue and now I am trying to use the TSC. My programs are posted with the M88 command coming before the spindle speed command like it should. When the program runs it will change to the correct tool, turn on the TSC, but then it just hangs there with the TSC on.....no errors or anything. The spindle will not start. Ive installed a brand new screen filter on the pump, brand new inline 20 micron filter. The hose from the pump to the filter housing on the back of the machine does have a slight kink in it like it was stepped on or pinched.....im going to take it a hydraulics shop and have them make me a new one just as a pre-caution. Any ideas what might prevent the spindle from coming on with the TSC on?

This could easily be related to the precharge issue you are having on your other thread. TSC will use the precharge solenoid to bring the TRP down to the drawbar closing the gap allowing the coolant to flow. Otherwise you probably have a pressure switch issue for the TSC.

This could easily be related to the precharge issue you are having on your other thread. TSC will use the precharge solenoid to bring the TRP down to the drawbar closing the gap allowing the coolant to flow. Otherwise you probably have a pressure switch issue for the TSC.

On the diagnostics page I noticed the TSC Pressure bit is 1 when its off, when I turn the TSC on using AUX COOLANT button, coolant comes out of the tool at what looks to be a lot of pressure but I dont know for sure without actually testing it with a gauge....however the bit stays at 1 when I believe it should be 0, assuming the control sensed enough pressure. As soon as I turn off the TSC it does the air purge and the bit will switch to 0 for a split second (probably from the air blast) but then goes back to 1. I believe its either low pressure from the kinked hose or the pressure switch like you said. Is there a way to jump the switch and bypass it just to test?

On the diagnostics page I noticed the TSC Pressure bit is 1 when its off, when I turn the TSC on using AUX COOLANT button, coolant comes out of the tool at what looks to be a lot of pressure but I dont know for sure without actually testing it with a gauge....however the bit stays at 1 when I believe it should be 0, assuming the control sensed enough pressure. As soon as I turn off the TSC it does the air purge and the bit will switch to 0 for a split second (probably from the air blast) but then goes back to 1. I believe its either low pressure from the kinked hose or the pressure switch like you said. Is there a way to jump the switch and bypass it just to test?

For troubleshooting, try using a tool holder with a smaller diameter hole for through coolant. If the diameter is to big, the system will not produce enough pressure to trigger the pressure switch.

For troubleshooting, try using a tool holder with a smaller diameter hole for through coolant. If the diameter is to big, the system will not produce enough pressure to trigger the pressure switch.

Thanks, I will give that a shot. Do you know if the TSC pressure switch can be accessed from the top by removing just the spindle fan or does the entire head cover need to come off?

Back