What's new
What's new

Spindle Orintation Ring Access?

super duck

Plastic
Hello Forum,

I have a HAAS VF 3 and the tool changer does not perform a tool change. When I orientate the spindle, the "clamping teeth" are noticeably off the x axis. If the orientation of the clamp teeth are supposed to be at 0 and 180degrees, My machines' clamp teeth look about 345 and 165 degrees. Way off!

My question is, how does one get to the orientation ring to perform the realignment procedure? There seem to be a lot in the way and I was wondering if anybody out there has any pointers on how to do it. The drawing in the Manuel looks eazy enough. But getting to the ring doesn't. The haas service desk said to "Disconnect and remove the fan and the shroud surrounding the motor". Does this seem correct?

Any help would be much appreciated.

DUCK

Look through the parameter list, there is a parameter for the tool change spindle orientation.

It's a whole number you adjust till its right.

It's right when you can sweep an indicator across the teeth and they are even.

Check the belt. Mine did that my timing belt had worn and lost some teeth.

I only have experience on the old air operated shot pin that fits into a notch on a hub that is attached to the motor shaft, it is adjustable. It can be inspected by removing the topmost cover on the spindle; hard to work on but not impossible without removing at least the right side cover.

I only have experience on the old air operated shot pin that fits into a notch on a hub that is attached to the motor shaft, it is adjustable. It can be inspected by removing the topmost cover on the spindle; hard to work on but not impossible without removing at least the right side cover.

Super duck,

Please clarify if you are referring to the mechanical orientation ring (Shot Pin) that BGL mentions.

It is the mechanical orientation ring model. it is an older model from 1996 I think. It does not have a orientation parameter offset feature.

Thanks for your help again guys :)

Duck

Back