What's new
What's new

Square HAAS buttons

wheelieking71

Diamond
Anybody know of a substitute for the square HAAS cycle-stop button?
HAAS says "obsolete", and now gives you a round one. Looks like ass in the older control.
Might have to machine a fancy button panel, and change both to round if I can't find a square one.

No dice. Knowing what a bunch of Pricks HAAS is about their service parts, I will probably end up with round buttons in a nice machined bezel that has "screw you Gene" or something nice engraved in it. Their service parts prices are getting out of control. Used to be a great point of ownership. Not anymore!

I'll be upgrading a panel in the next month or so. I think they are the square ones. I'll remove the buttons as long as I'm at work that day and set them aside for you.

I'll look tomorrow and verify what is there. Can't be sure right now.
I know the processor board is failing so we will go from a mocon to a maincon based system. Hefty price tag for sure, but still less that a new VF.

Anybody know of a substitute for the square HAAS cycle-stop button?
HAAS says "obsolete", and now gives you a round one. Looks like ass in the older control.
Might have to machine a fancy button panel, and change both to round if I can't find a square one.

This is not the correct button/contact combo, but this was the first thing I found doing a quick search. It's square! :D
IDEC Corporation - HW2B-M1F1-G - PUSH BUTTON 22MM Momentary SQUARE, GREEN 1NO SWITCH - Allied Electronics
Refine your search a bit on this site and you may find what you are looking for.

436d3fcb3eddfe22c51c9b51fe1d024a.jpg

I confirmed this morning that we do have some of the square buttons. Just need to wait until we get the new panel in.

As long as the boss doesn't care, I'll take them out as soon as we get the new panel. Just pay the shipping.

No dice. Knowing what a bunch of Pricks HAAS is about their service parts, I will probably end up with round buttons in a nice machined bezel that has "screw you Gene" or something nice engraved in it. Their service parts prices are getting out of control. Used to be a great point of ownership. Not anymore!

Wheelieking,

How much are the buttons these days?

Wheelieking,

How much are the buttons these days?

They seem to be obsolete. Unavailable. Hence the need for this thread. If you have an older machine with square buttons, and you go in to your HFO needing a button these days, they give you a round button. And, it looks like crap in the older control. Function will be the same. I am probably being overly picky, especially since my machines always seem to be in a state of gruesome disaster. But, the round button in an older control bugs me.

Its like driving around with your non-matching spare wheel on your truck. Some guys wouldn't give a crap. But, it would drive me crazy! Even though my truck is filthy from the last time the wifey and I went 4-wheeling in the rain almost 4 months ago, and covered in bird-shit from parking under a tree. But, that wheel would drive me nuts.

spare wheel = round button. Same-same.

And, it looks like crap in the older control. Function will be the same. I am probably being overly picky, especially since my machines always seem to be in a state of gruesome disaster. But, the round button in an older control bugs me.

Its like driving around with your non-matching spare wheel on your truck. Some guys wouldn't give a crap. But, it would drive me crazy! Even though my truck is filthy from the last time the wifey and I went 4-wheeling in the rain almost 4 months ago, and covered in bird-shit from parking under a tree. But, that wheel would drive me nuts.

spare wheel = round button. Same-same.

Surrrre, you just don't want to stick your finger in an "ass" that "looks like crap" every time you start a cycle. You'd never make it as a proctologist.

Machine a nice square bezel with a round hole to mount the button in. Under cut the square corners to put a red inlay of some sort. Presto. No Ass! :D

Plans changed. Both machines we have with the square buttons are sold. I'll keep an eye out for some though.

Back