What's new

new addition

D. Rey

Titanium
DSC_0490.jpg

DSC_0491.jpg

DSC_0478.jpg

DSC_0492.jpg

New ST-10 from Ellison machine tools (great people by the way).

Great little machine. Got the tail, probe, chip conveyor and catcher. Also got an ATS flex-c collet chuck, 15 second collet changes = cool.

the other is my VF-2.

yea the place is just a mess and I know where everything is. :D

You gots a day job as well?

I wouldn't worry too much about that sack.
They are usually tested to 200% anyway....

Could use some more lights in that sack tho. :willy_nilly:

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Yea, it's tight, 2 car garage.

I have a nice fluorescent hanger between the machines but it was off when I took the pictures.

Not much of a photographer.

Yea I gots me a day job Ox. It would be an insult to guys like you if I called myself a machinist. I sure have fun doing it though. I've learned a thing or two along the way.

Well I am not zero'd in on you totally, and so I may have you mixed up with someone else, but I was thinking that from some of your posts that you had (or werked at) a pretty good sized shop.

From this thread it seems that you don't "have" a pretty good sized shop, so I ass_u_me'd that you have or had a day job from a larger outfit.

Of course - like I said - I could have it all mixed up as I have not made a point to follow you. (or about anyone else on here for that matter...)

So ... that is what I meant...

Not that I was "looking down" on you or whatnot - like you seemed to have taken it. ???

So now that I have THAT out in the open, is there a bigger shop in your life currently or recently past then?
(I have HMC's and such in my head....)

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Nah you got me mixed up with someone.

No HMCs here, least not yet.

No office here at all
I was just kiddin around....I even put a smiley guy in there.

From what I understand a green smiley face negates all smart ass comments.
:D

What kind of power upgrades did you have to do to your house? What amp single phase do you run? Are you able to run both machines at once?

This is 4" concrete?

Sorry for the all the questions. I have a shop that I want to do someting like this. It isn't an attached 2 car garage but it is a 2 car steel building.

100A drop in the garage, and a separate 30A for the air compressor, 20 hp phase perfect runs both machines it used to run a 20 hp fanuc machine and the mill so it will do the st-10 and vf together easy. House has 200A service.

Now I've never tested while both were taking big cuts in stainless or anything...I jut don't run them like that. Easy ( on the load meter) cuts in titanium is what I do most often.

100A drop in the garage, and a separate 30A for the air compressor, 20 hp phase perfect runs both machines it used to run a 20 hp fanuc machine and the mill so it will do the st-10 and vf together easy. House has 200A service.

Now I've never tested while both were taking big cuts in stainless or anything...I jut don't run them like that. Easy ( on the load meter) cuts in titanium is what I do most often.

100 amps thats all huh? Not bad not bad.

I am very jealous. Is this a side business of yours or just for "your products"?

Nice, ordered an St10 myself from Ellison a few weeks ago, minus that tailstock, conveyer, and parts catcher. :) I have an SL10 here in Phoenix as well, but it has the tailstock and the auger, neither of which I have ever needed, so I saved the money this time.. I hope the casting for the non-tailstock models doesnt have that provision in the way, need more room for chips!

Nah you got me mixed up with someone.

No HMCs here, least not yet.

No office here at all
I was just kiddin around....I even put a smiley guy in there.

From what I understand a green smiley face negates all smart ass comments.
:D

So if I use 2 smiley guy's, does that turn a smart ass comment in to a constructive comment? :D:D

Back