What's new
What's new

Haas Tr 110 Trunnion

russmill

Plastic
Hey all, I was curious if any of you out there have justified purchasing one of these, as they cost just as much as the bigger version. :eek: I am looking into purchasing one for my mini mill 2 but have my doubts of its durability in the tilting axis. I know that since it is going in a light duty machine there won't be too much force to damage the gears, but still. The appeal to me is that it only weighs about 90 pounds and would be a good garage trunnion (about $250$ per pound not so appealing). I have never seen these used on ebay, maybe noone buys them? There is video of one in a VF-1 on youtube- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9NuMcJ2ixk

Just curious about other's thoughts.:cheers:

We run a HAT5C5XB (a 4 axis with a 5c collet closer mounted at 90') and honestly it's not too rigid... It has no support on the other side of the indexer and it is pretty flimsy. I think that if anyone is going to look at a trunion unless you are doing light light duty work with it, you have to have support on the other end of the saddle. That being said, I think that the TR110 would be an awesome table. IT is so short, and stubby and rigid, that I am pretty sure that rigidity would be the last thing you would worry about. That being said, you are concerned about wear/damage on the gears. Most 5x work is not true 5x curves, right? So, you index to a position, and then the brake will kick on and lock the table where it is at. Rigidity would not be the first issue I would worry about... having limited to no room for parts to hang off the edges of the table/platter size that would be available. In your standard trunion, the saddle is pretty wide, and it's not a problem but hanging out that wide, you will lose some rigidity. It's a good purpose specific solution to a small part that is going to require a lot of hogging, but for a GP table, I don't know.

Man I would LOVE to have one of those just too much dough for me right now though.

Adding a 5th axis drive is not too bad at 5k but the TR unit is about 30k.

I've seen them run at trade shows they look about as solid as they could be given the size.

we just purchase a tr110 rotary about a year ago. we have had some problems with it. the relationship between the A axis and B axis was off by .024" when we sent it back to the factory, it came back at .004"
which I still am not happy with. the factory tolerance is .006" if you really need a 5 axis rotary table I would suggest you go with a more repetable brand like Tsudakoma there tolerance is .0006".

We purchased one with a 3YT mill last July. For what we do(small parts with tol. @ +/- .002) its worked out great. Stability is as good as your setup will allow. We have encountered no issues thus far. We are a prototype shop so we only do small quantities. Mostly plastics and about 20% steel ran across this so far. Good luck with your decision and hope everyone has a safe, happy and healthy holiday season. Cheers !!! :cheers:

GC

we just purchase a tr110 rotary about a year ago. we have had some problems with it. the relationship between the A axis and B axis was off by .024" when we sent it back to the factory, it came back at .004"
which I still am not happy with. the factory tolerance is .006" if you really need a 5 axis rotary table I would suggest you go with a more repetable brand like Tsudakoma there tolerance is .0006".

Hi there, just wondering what you mean exactly when you say the A and B are off by .024". Do you mean that the A centerline is off from the B centerline so that when the tilt is -90. vs. 90. the rotary c.o.r. is .024 higher/lower???

I finally bought a used factory rebuild for less than fifty cents on the dollar, and so far have been very happy with it for what I use it for. I haven't done any simultaneous 5 axis yet, just 3+2 with mutltiple work offsets usually, so I wouldn't have likely seen this A/B axis relationship issue.

I am AMAZED how rigid this thing is for its size (not saying that it's particularly rigid compared to larger 5 ax). Please explain so perhaps I could check and diagnose any axis irregularities and compare:cheers:

I picked up one of these a couple months ago, just now getting it hooked up.

I notice there is no tr110 listed in the settings.

Anyone out there that can share their settings / parameters list for tis table?

I have. A 2006 vf-2 software ver 15.06

Just FYI for anyone that is looking

Called Haas and they emailed me the parameter setting list, then the tech walked me through changing those, then setting zero on the a axis, which involved going into debug mode and getting the actual a axis position in encoder counts, putting that value into another parameter.

Not a big deal, took 5 minutes on the phone with Haas.

Haas support is on the ball.

Nervis1

Parameters

Hi D.Rey!
I'll also need to insert the 4/5 axis parameters as I got a TR110 just after Christmas. Could I get help from Haas even though I bought the table used from a machine dealer ?
I'll also need a very good an accurate way to put up/down the table when going from 3-axis, as I most of the time need a larger table then the TR110 platter. Do I also need to disable/reset alot of parameters when disconnecting the table, do you think ?

Best regards
/P

You just hook it up and turn on the 4-5th axis. No need to touch the parameters once they are set once.

I used the TR210 template and just changed what I needed to. I had to do that because I have an 06 mill and it did not have the TR settings in there if your mill is newer it may have the TR already in the list.

If you call Haas tech support they will e-mail you the parameter list and walk you through setting the zero position. One time you will need to change several parameters but once they are set you just enable whatever table you set them under.

It does not matter if it was used they still support it.

You just hook it up and turn on the 4-5th axis. No need to touch the parameters once they are set once.

I used the TR210 template and just changed what I needed to. I had to do that because I have an 06 mill and it did not have the TR settings in there if your mill is newer it may have the TR already in the list.

If you call Haas tech support they will e-mail you the parameter list and walk you through setting the zero position. One time you will need to change several parameters but once they are set you just enable whatever table you set them under.

It does not matter if it was used they still support it.

+1
From anywhere in America, you can call 800-331-6746 and be connected to your local HFO.

Parameters

Do you know how I get the parameters out from the machine to a printer or on a USB/network disk (I've no HHD or RS232-cable) ? Must be a way...
Before I change alot I really want a backup as the machine is working good in 3-axis now.

Best regards
/Piobaire

TR-110 fault

Hooked up my TR-110 tonight and I can't get it to run. Both axis errors out due overload and "servo error too large" I bleeded the hydraulic brake lines a few times, but I don't really know how much torqe I need to apply to move the axis by hand. I seem not to get it better, and no air bubbles so I guess the brakes are dissengaged OK.

So I guess there is a motor fault (on both a- and b-axis, unlikely - but could be)
Or a mechanically error on both axis, then the table have been crashed etc.
But my first guess is the parameters are way gone. I tried to reduce max speed with 1/10 and it got better, but still overloads.

My OM-2A-machine was 5-axis from factory and I tried the printed parameters from original machine setup. Maybe there is a software patch needed ?

SW: 17.01D
MOCON #1: 17.00

Thanks for the parameter dump guide !! Worked perfect !

Best regards
/piobaire

I am working with a TR210 right now. Its solid as a rock. A to B relationship is within .001, however the 12.000 center height is .025 low. I have heard good and bad about their TR series.

Parameters

Talked to Haas service in US and they emailed the parameters for the TR-110 trunnion for 15 min ago. Now it's running like clockwork, HURRAY !

Best regards
/Piobaire

Back