What's new
What's new

TL-2 Died

joker

Aluminum
I powered up my TL-2 this morning and the screen was a bunch of funky colors and none of the buttons worked. I powered it down, shutoff the main breaker. When I went to power it back on there was nothing at all. There is power going into the main breaker and power coming out when it is in the on position, but nothing after that. I will be calling my Haas tech tomorrow but thought I would post here first to see if anyone had any suggestions. I just used the machine about a week ago and everything was good. I always turn off the main breaker when I am not using it.

Thanks, joker

I don't use my TL-2 very often and I used to cut main power to my TL-2, until the backup battery died and I had to recover all the machine parameters from the USB stick... luckily, it's not an older machine with floppy drive.

These day I keep the main power on, unless a thunderstorm is passing by, then I shut off all the power just to be on the safe side.

You can try diy.haascnc.com and lookup the service manual for the year of your TL-2 and follow its troubleshooting guide. If it's just a dead backup battery, you can probably do that yourself without too much difficulty.

Time for an update. Replaced the processor board and everything seems to work except the program restart. Does anyone have any ideas of where to look? Yes, Setting 36 is on.
joker

Back