KD7SBB is offline Plastic

Default TM-1 Single or Three phase?

Good evening,
    We are purchasing a TM 1 this week and we were wondering whether its better to run it on single phase or off the 45 hp rotary phase converter not only for cost but total horse power to the spindle.
    Thank you,
    David

Eric U is offline Cast Iron

I don't know about the TM-1, but I have a TL-1 that I run single phase. When I first bought the machine in Colorado, it was installed in a friend's shop and run on three phase. There is no difference in operation as far as I can tell.

Eric U

haastec is offline Cast Iron

Run sigle phase and don't hassle with the phase converter. Machine will run fine either way.

Andres is offline Plastic

I have run my TM-1P under single phase for over 5 years and works great, mostly cut aluminum. TM's aren't meant to take deep cuts so watch your load meter and you'll be fine.

Thats exciting a new TM1! Ive been looking to buy one of those myself, due to the fact they can run of single phase without any problems. Your from everson? I live in Ferndale, keep us posted on the new machine.

Tony

KD7SBB is offline Plastic

Thank you guys for all your input! It sure helped us. Well we just got the TM 1 home and in the shop after some struggles at the border. Now to get her set up and running
    David