What's new
What's new

TM-1 USB drive issue

bouldersmith

Plastic
I'm in over my head here. I'm new to CNC in general though I have owned my TM-1 for several years. I had a CNC operator employed who left rather abruptly and I am having hard time getting programs loaded on to my machine from the USB drive. My mill came with a floppy drive and I bought this conversion from ebay USB Converter for Haas CNC Machines with A Floppy Drive | eBay

It looks like it came with a pre-formated memory stick which I do not have. This drive also has a setting on the side to select the number of the disk. I'm confused by this setting, especially because by changing it the errors change on my Haas. I am getting 241, 243, and 244 errors. I sent my G-code over to Haas applications and they could load in just fine and said it checked out OK.

Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated.

I know Haas had an issue for a while with USB sticks. If they had to much storage space the TM wouldn't read it. Try a stick with less than 1GB of mem.

We have a similar drive on a machine but it doesnt allow you to select the disk number. It requires a 2gb or less stick and the programs cant be larger than the size of a floppy. I believe the one like you have, you format the stick so each partition is the size of a floppy.
Here you go, they have a program you can download to format a stick.
ipcas - USB Floppy Emulator V2 – Download

Back