What's new
What's new

Tool changer alignment

conceptsmachine

Aluminum
has Anyone done this alignment? https://diy.haascnc.com/procedures/vmc-side-mount-tool-changer-double-arm-alignment-0#gsc.tab=0

The beginning is kinda fuzzy. Is the tool used to pull the arm off of the taper so it can be manually moved and then be pushed back up onto the taper?
Anyway I made a mistake today when doing a tool ATC recovery and now the arm is off location, it needs to swing forward about 1/4 inch but I’m not sure how this works.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

It would appear that the tool T-2108 is used to adjust the height of the arm. If you just need to adjust it radially, I don't think you need the tool, just loosen the screws and swing it.

Ok, I got it swung back into postion, indicated in with the carousel and the spindle with a tool in it and the clamp unlcamp position is at 1. It is dropping the tool before it reaches the tool when the arm comes around. It did this all 3 times I had to loosen and align it again. ugh! Its dropping it right before it gets there, the arm just about has it but ends up dropping.

Sounds like you need to move it a little more, or you broke something on the arm that holds the tool during the tool change.

Sounds like you need to move it a little more, or you broke something on the arm that holds the tool during the tool change.

I figured it out. Ill post it just for reference, im case any one else has the problem. Psi was too high on the top most regulator. Was told it couldnt be adjusted and that it was set at 4 psi. It was moved the last time i worked on the machine when i was trouble shooting the last problem which was the Humphreys valve.
So, i adjusted the regulator out a few turns and sure enough it held the tool up until tue tool arm came in. I went up and re-adjusted it back just for giggles and noticed it would open the drawbar way to soon (did it without tools). Then put it back again...so she's running good again.

Back