What's new
What's new

TSC problem/question

BadCarbide

Plastic
Hey all, I'm having some issues with my TSC on a HAAS VF3YT. In a nutshell I can get the TSC to turn on/off, just not when the spindle is turning. If the spindle is turning and the TSC is turned on- the spindle stops, and the TSC turns on :rolleyes5: I even tried running the sample code in the back of the user manual with no luck. I'm sure it's most likely operator error at this point. Thanks for any help.

I don't know why, but that is how it's supposed to work. Carry on.

^^^X2

Did you happen to read this in the manual? Page 248

Note: The M88 command should be before the spindle speed command.

It doesn't actually mention that it stops the spindle whenever it turns on or off though...

Sorry I wrote that in a hurry. I should have been more specific. The spindle stops turning when the TSC turns on and stays "stopped". It just hangs with the TSC running, the spindle never spools back up. Nothing happens with the exception of coolant pumping through the tool in the spindle.

This isn't uncommon on Haas machines. There is a pressure regulator on the spindle that won't allow the spindle to start without the TSC pressuring up. There are a couple of solutions. 1. Replace the regulator 2. In the cabinet, there is a wire that leads to the regulator that can be jumped. Thus bypassing the regulator.

This isn't uncommon on Haas machines. There is a pressure regulator on the spindle that won't allow the spindle to start without the TSC pressuring up. There are a couple of solutions. 1. Replace the regulator 2. In the cabinet, there is a wire that leads to the regulator that can be jumped. Thus bypassing the regulator.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot

Did you ever find a solution to this? Im experiencing the same issue on a used machine we just received. This is our first machine with TSC.

OK, I think the previous posts were not explicit!

The way Haas implements the TSC is that you first turn on the TSC ( M88 ) and then command the spindle on ( M03 )

Which means that you can write
S1000
M88
M05

But you cannot write:
S1000 M03
M88

The spindle must be stopped when M88 is invoked.
If it is spinning then the M88 will STOP the spindle, turns on TSC but it WILL NOT!!! turn the spindle back on.
M03 must always be programmed AFTER the M88 command.

Thanks for the info....Fusion 360 is posting correct then so I shouldn't have this issue. Ex. Code from my program:

M09
M01
T2 M06
M88
S7500 M03
G54

Back