What's new
What's new

Vector Drive

GatesUnderwater

Plastic
Hi All,

I am looking for a used vector drive.
Part Number: 93-32-5558D or 29-10081 (I think this is the old P/N)

Haas and my local HFO sell for $4995 with return of the old one.

I haven't found anywhere that sells used. Everything I find is for repairs. I have vector drives failing in two machines, so I want to have a spare for when the first one goes. I do not want to have two machines down at the same time waiting for repairs. My goal is two have a spare to put in the first machine when it goes down, so I can send the vector drive in for repair and have it back for when the second goes down. This way I won't lose production time.

I guess my question is, does anyone know of any places that have spares?
Any suggestions would be helpful at this point!

Thanks - Gates

Hi All,

I am looking for a used vector drive.
Part Number: 93-32-5558D or 29-10081 (I think this is the old P/N)

Haas and my local HFO sell for $4995 with return of the old one.

I haven't found anywhere that sells used. Everything I find is for repairs. I have vector drives failing in two machines, so I want to have a spare for when the first one goes. I do not want to have two machines down at the same time waiting for repairs. My goal is two have a spare to put in the first machine when it goes down, so I can send the vector drive in for repair and have it back for when the second goes down. This way I won't lose production time.

I guess my question is, does anyone know of any places that have spares?
Any suggestions would be helpful at this point!

Thanks - Gates

Ebay is going to be your only option. What years/models machine are these drives from? (I don't know them by part#)
Due to HAAS's recent business practices, the number of pre-2008 machines getting parted out in the near future stands to increase.
Where are you sending them for repair?
I can recommend Rich Wood @ Northern Machine Tool Services. He has done a few Vector Drives for me.
His service is reliable. And, he usually has a drive on the shelf ready to send.
A couple times now I have had a drive go down, and he next-day aired a drive to me, and I was running in less than 24hrs.

Ebay is going to be your only option. What years/models machine are these drives from? (I don't know them by part#)
Due to HAAS's recent business practices, the number of pre-2008 machines getting parted out in the near future stands to increase.
Where are you sending them for repair?
I can recommend Rich Wood @ Northern Machine Tool Services. He has done a few Vector Drives for me.
His service is reliable. And, he usually has a drive on the shelf ready to send.
A couple times now I have had a drive go down, and he next-day aired a drive to me, and I was running in less than 24hrs.

I've used NMTS before for parts, but I didn't think to ask them about vector drives. I'll reach out to them too!
That part number is correct for the machines we are using. We've had it verified by our local HFO.
I've been talking to a guy on ebay as well. I'm hoping I can get a replacement in before one of the drives goes out.

Thanks!

I've used NMTS before for parts, but I didn't think to ask them about vector drives. I'll reach out to them too!
That part number is correct for the machines we are using. We've had it verified by our local HFO.
I've been talking to a guy on ebay as well. I'm hoping I can get a replacement in before one of the drives goes out.

Thanks!

Rich won't sell you one outright (unless you want to pay double).
But, he does a good job refurbishing them. I have at least two of his drives running in my shop right now.

Back