What's new
What's new

VF-2SS Tool Arm fault

ieatchips

Plastic
I have a Haas Mill VF-2 Super Speed,with the vertical high speed tool changer.
The first problem was as a tool change is started the draw bar is not hitting a limit switch so the tool pocket slide piece is not going back up into the magazine stopping the machine from performing a complete tool change.and machine stopped, and showed no alarm..

I adjusted the Origin limit switch underneath the magazines cover counter clockwise and it allowed a complete tool change..

12 hours later,draw bar comes over and clamps on the tool holder and Z lifts up and ALARMS."TOOL ARM FAULT" The z axis never completly comes off the taper on the tool...

Ive never had this problem before so i'm just trying some of my own thought processes on it...
I finally got it to make a tool change but if no tool is in the spindle it regulary alarms out...
It will run parts now,,but it looks as though the Z axis and the draw bar is not timed together right.

Tool arm moves to pocket,pocket falls and lets a tool into the arm,then moves to the spindle,spindle raises up then lowers on the tool, but before tool is completely clamped the tool arm is already returning home...its seems as though z is raising to soon and clamping too late.after the arm is leaving the spindle area..

Im suprised that no tool has fallen yet.
Anyone have any know-how about this problem?

Am i thinking in the right direction?, something to do with the arms home??

Would moving the Origin limit switch clockwise or c/clockwise fix this??????
anyone?

i would be checking my clamp unclamp switches in the headstock not sure you are explaining things clearly enough to make a recommendation but if the arm is pulling away too soon it could be the drawbar switches are set wrong.

You can watch the diagnostics for the switches as you work thru a tool change, I think there are about 6 that have to be doing the right thing at the right time, I had a stickey one on the carosel a while back and it would go 2 or three stations past the tool I wanted when it was cold, as for adjusting them, most often they are good or bad and need changed. One of our machines has both proximity and roller type switches on it. But watch the diagnostics change from 1's to 0's as it goes thru a tool change and it will often point you to the right one.
good luck

Back