What's new
What's new

VF-3SS, Vf-4SS now coming 30+1 tool changers standard

Lazyman

Aluminum
I just thought it was interesting that these machines are now coming with 30+1 tool changers with no announcement from Haas, which is great news for anyone in the market for one. I'm surprised to see the price jump to 40 is still over $10k.

I just thought it was interesting that these machines are now coming with 30+1 tool changers with no announcement from Haas, which is great news for anyone in the market for one. I'm surprised to see the price jump to 40 is still over $10k.

I just picked up an older 3ss with a 40. I am kinda surprised how slow it is. It makes sense, but, something I didn't really think about before the purchase.
Maybe the new 40's are quicker? (mine is an 07') I think 30 would be a good compromise.

I think the new SS machines finally have a servo driven carousel, you know, like a 1982 Mori Seiki. The non SS machines are still the super slow geneva drive.

Lol you guy are harsh. My brand new SS doesn't have servo driven wheel, but the 25 pocket wheel moves faster than the 40 pocket wheels and is fast enough for me as the machine pre loads the tools fast enough. The 40 pocket wheel is slower than 25 from what I have seen and you would think they would make it faster so you don't lose performance over the 25 with the extra $10k they charge. Now with the 30 pocket standard, they priced the 40 out of the market to all but those who absolutely need it because your paying $1000 for one pocket at that point. I just cant see how it could cost a whole lot more to manufacture with such a large operation.

I'm quite happy with my Haas so far but, I think prices for certain options need to come down, and things like HSM should be standard or much cheaper because the performance without it can be downright pathetic for a modern machine. Cheap hobby class $300 controllers I have use can provide smoother motion around corners than my Haas without HSM option. It's embarrassing really. If they get greedy enough, they will leave themselves open to new competitors.

Lol you guy are harsh. My brand new SS doesn't have servo driven wheel, but the 25 pocket wheel moves faster than the 40 pocket wheels and is fast enough for me as the machine pre loads the tools fast enough. The 40 pocket wheel is slower than 25 from what I have seen and you would think they would make it faster so you don't lose performance over the 25 with the extra $10k they charge. Now with the 30 pocket standard, they priced the 40 out of the market to all but those who absolutely need it because your paying $1000 for one pocket at that point. I just cant see how it could cost a whole lot more to manufacture with such a large operation.

I'm quite happy with my Haas so far but, I think prices for certain options need to come down, and things like HSM should be standard or much cheaper because the performance without it can be downright pathetic for a modern machine. Cheap hobby class $300 controllers I have use can provide smoother motion around corners than my Haas without HSM option. It's embarrassing really. If they get greedy enough, they will leave themselves open to new competitors.

IF?! Too late. Lots of shops buying other brands already because, well, the reasons are beat to death already. But, yea, the damage is already done.

The 30 tool atc is a servo driven carousel, the first I believe from haas. The double arm on SS machines were servo before (at least on the 24 atc, not sure on 40)

I saw this tool changer at haas factory tour in march of 2016, guess it tool awhile to implement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back