What's new
What's new

cnc expo in town

sudtechcnc

Cast Iron
Hi

The international expo is in town again after 2 years.
Haas is there too...one among 400 participants....
haas001.jpg

Our own company is in one of the stalls.(stall no 323 ). we'll be showcasing our machining capabilities..
( I'm on stall Duty on the 21st )
On sunday I'll probably get a chance to see all the latest machines...on show...

see ya

MJM

Enjoy your self, watch out for the prices of food at those expos. If they do things there like we do here you will pay for one of those new machine tools before you will be able to pay off for your lunch. :)

Charles

Hi again

Well Charles , as it turned out they gave us free lunch coupons ( free cos they charged us more than enough for our stall ), But I had to pay 3 times the normal rate for coffee ....

Haas had a pretty slick stall and I must say I really liked the Mini Mill !!
mjmacme025.jpg

Hurco and makino were there too
mjmacme020.jpg

but have you ever heard of 'FEELER ' (Taiwan ? ) .. they were right next to our stall

mjmacme003.jpg

Then of course I must show you our own little den . that's me on the right

Picture006.jpg

The crowds were not as thick as they said it would be......
inflation.......
see ya

Mathen

Well thanks for sharing the photos, sorry the show wasnt better for you. Feeler has been around for some time, not sure how long but I think they used to use a different name and perhaps at one time made machines for another company.

The Mini mill is nice looking but I have heard many stories about lack of power and rigidity. Seems dollar for dollar the Sharp small mill is better received and may be a better value. But at least in this country the Haas name goes a long way on resale value.

Charles

Well thanks for sharing the photos, sorry the show wasnt better for you. Feeler has been around for some time, not sure how long but I think they used to use a different name and perhaps at one time made machines for another company.

The Mini mill is nice looking but I have heard many stories about lack of power and rigidity. Seems dollar for dollar the Sharp small mill is better received and may be a better value. But at least in this country the Haas name goes a long way on resale value.

Charles

Right on the Mini Mill, but I couldn't even get someone to talk to me on sharp, & Hass will be here in 1 day if I have any troubles . So I bought a Haas mini mill & am happy with it for what I use it for, 6061,1018,303,304.

Lot of people have a minimill, I dont want to start a whos best contest. It is a great machine if used for the right aplication. I'd like to have one myself to go with my TL-1 lathe but I just dont have the money for it right now. Like any other tool, it works best when you learn to use it to the limit of its capability. I did notice that Haas has a newer minimill out with more travel to be closer to the Sharp machines.

Buy the way, nice website Mathen, I hope things go well for you in the future and good luck with your next machine purchase. If you get a minimill, let us know how you like it.

Charles

Back