What's new
What's new

VF2 coolant pump motor, off the shelf replacement

david n

Diamond
Pump motor is goin' I think. It will still start. But is pullin' too much juice and every now and then will throw the breaker in the cabinet. I found an exact replacement motor, but does Haas have a special motor arbor going to the pump?

Just for curiosity's sake, what are your motor's specs and year of machine? I ask, because I wonder if mine is correct and I'm looking at upgrading it the same time as I upgrade my turning center's pump. Thanks.

Just for curiosity's sake, what are your motor's specs and year of machine? I ask, because I wonder if mine is correct and I'm looking at upgrading it the same time as I upgrade my turning center's pump. Thanks.

I'll get that to you when I get a chance.......................

Just thought on the motor.....................no noise or anything(bearings or excess heat).....could the capacitor be going?

Just thought on the motor.....................no noise or anything(bearings or excess heat).....could the capacitor be going?
At least in my case, no. 2007 VF-2ss. Mine has been intermittently tripping the breaker for several years now. Both run and start capacitors have been replaced at least twice with no change. I replaced the breaker itself as well with no change. Being an idiot about electrical stuff, I assumed that since the motor and pump spun freely by hand, made the same pressure as always and didn't run hot, it had to be something other than the motor or pump.

$100 in parts from automation direct gets you a 3 phase breaker and contactor, voila with a little wiring now you can select any 3 phase pump. I got a 3 stage from walruseamerica, or you could get the high volume 3 phase from haas.

Back