What's new
What's new

VF3 carousel tool pocket restore

cross hair

Aluminum
Our VF3 has a 40 tool carousel that lost position after an emergency stop. I have did the recovery steps as the control instructions directed me but it still seems the machine doesn't know which tool is in which pocket. When I go to MDI and do a tool change it brings up the wrong tool so at this point I have at least 4 tools that seem lost. I have managed to get it so the right tool is in the spindle but that's about it.

Do I need to just pull all the tools and start back over at position one? Seems like a lot of work but if that's what it takes so be it.

FYI; I did call Haas but they are short handed right now and had no one that could answer my question.

Thanks to any that can help.

you need to re-number your tool pockets. go to your tool-offsets page, and then "page-down" twice to this screen:

get-attachment-11.jpg

re-number the tool numbers accordingly.

Our VF3 has a 40 tool carousel that lost position after an emergency stop. I have did the recovery steps as the control instructions directed me but it still seems the machine doesn't know which tool is in which pocket. When I go to MDI and do a tool change it brings up the wrong tool so at this point I have at least 4 tools that seem lost. I have managed to get it so the right tool is in the spindle but that's about it.

Do I need to just pull all the tools and start back over at position one? Seems like a lot of work but if that's what it takes so be it.

FYI; I did call Haas but they are short handed right now and had no one that could answer my question.

Thanks to any that can help.

Recovering from an E-Stop condition, you shouldn't have more than 2 tools out of postion. The one that was in the spindle and the one that was in the carousel pocket at the ready position. Not sure how you would have 2 other tools out of postition.

To answer your question, you can do it like wheelieking71 described or just unload and reload them in the correct location like you mentioned. I like the later method as IMO it has less chance for error.

Not to offend, but are you reading the tool/pocket page correctly?

Sorry for my delay in getting back to this thread, I had actually forgot I posted the question. The Hass guy called me and said simply power the machine down and when powered back up it will restore automatically. He was right on the money, once powered back up all was well again.

Thanks for your input folks.

Back