What's new
What's new

Slow Cutting Coolant Leak

Rocko100

Banned
I have had this for awhile but want to get it reduced/stopped. I notice it looks like the Wiper on my VF3 Y axis (copper looking metal) at back of inside machine is letting coolant leak into casting and of course going out the drain in the back. I have replaced the plastic wipers on the X axis. How is this different and what do i need?

What year is the machine? I remember the older machines would do that eventually. Not a big deal to change that out...IIRC we had our sheetmetal shop make us new ones.

It is a pretty simple assembly. There is a stainless cover and it is sandwiched behind it I believe. Just unbolt it and bolt on a new one.

I have had this for awhile but want to get it reduced/stopped. I notice it looks like the Wiper on my VF3 Y axis (copper looking metal) at back of inside machine is letting coolant leak into casting and of course going out the drain in the back. I have replaced the plastic wipers on the X axis. How is this different and what do i need?

The brass wiper is a wear item that is an easy DIY job like tc mentioned. Haas p/n: 93-3016 about $30 I believe.

Back