What's new
What's new

blue plastic ?

Where I work before they had a HAAS VF 6 , I saw that they tested the program by running the program on blue plastic. My Haas VF3 should be running soon. I would like to run some test parts to see if everything is correct then run metal on the program. What type of material do you use for this process ?

If I were you, I would look into a CadCAM system and Predator editor. I use BobCAD and Predator editor Level 2 and then you can run your program in the simulator and look for problems. It is much easier and in the end will save you money.

Roca huh, I used to have a shop in Omaha. :)

Mike

You buy to proof out a program with less worry about your tooling and machine crashing...stuff is soft enough to absorb some shock.

I thought about buying it when I first started...went to plastic supplier and bought remnants at dirt cheap prices.

After a few runs I figured out how to check program as I went along without needing to proof out in plastic first. Mainly a Dry Run over the work to verify no "funny" moves...then the Simulation started to make more sense, followed by looking at code and just knowing what was going to happen before it happened...then CAM and I can pretty much just download program and other then verifying offsets I feel confident about hitting the green button and walking away after each operation starts.

Back