What's new
What's new

What was the first year of the new Haas control?

Speedie

Stainless
The new one that uses Linux behind the scenes? Boss looking at 2014 Haas but it may have been the first generation and never got its running proper updates. If it was does Haas do any updates to them for free?

The new one that uses Linux behind the scenes? Boss looking at 2014 Haas but it may have been the first generation and never got its running proper updates. If it was does Haas do any updates to them for free?

2016. I want to say February or March? We got a VF-4 right at the very end of December 2015 with the old control.

2013ish was when they removed the door lock interlock setting IIRC which is annoying enough in its own right.

2013ish was when they removed the door lock interlock setting IIRC which is annoying enough in its own right.

I can't blame them for that one...tack a few bucks onto each machine for new setup while reducing the risk of lawsuits. Had to save some major coin on insurance.

Putting untested crap out turning clients into guinea pigs...that we can blame them for.

next gen started on the VMC line in feb or march of 2016 ,, they started on the horizontal line of machines before them ,,, The POS they sent me was a april machine and it got removed in oct and there software was not any better by then ,,, they would fix one screw up and make 2 new ones. well there older control is nice to work with I have been liking the Doosan machines way more than the haas mills I have.

Any thing after IMTS show has the control. We have 2 of them, VF2's. Love the new control, at least from a production point of view. Have 2 more on order with another 10 by the end of the year.

Back