What's new
What's new

What is a reasonable price for 2008 VF2?

broke

Hot Rolled
I was offered a chance to buy a lightly used bare bones VF2 from a local shop. I wasn't seriously considering another machine in the next few weeks but thought it might be worth while for a supposed cream puff like this. I have been told it is bare bones.

I don't have the spindle or servo times but I was told it has only been used for plastic. Its a comparable machine to what we have now and could help alleviate some scheduling conflicts but the only thing making THIS machine stand out was the price. I don't want to say the price but would love to hear the threshold from a reasonable deal to a snatch it up deal.

Assume said machine doesnt include any tool holders or extras. Is there anything specific to Haas that I should be aware of?

So how much are they asking? If you aren't comfortable with the price then counter them and go from there. Used Haas prices are pretty much overinflated due to popularity...plus the new ones are creeping toward the higher end brands as far as price goes so that keeps the used ones even higher.

... thought it might be worth while for a supposed cream puff like this.

I don't have the spindle or servo times but I was told it has only been used for plastic.

Since it's only been used for plastic that means it should right about the same price as new

LOL - Yep. Every used machine on the market..."Only cut plastic or aluminum"...Never abused, Cream puff...errr:nono:

So what are the spindle and servo times also? Why do you keep all the info to yourself?

So how much are they asking? If you aren't comfortable with the price then counter them and go from there. Used Haas prices are pretty much overinflated due to popularity...plus the new ones are creeping toward the higher end brands as far as price goes so that keeps the used ones even higher.

Haas prices are NOT "overinflated," it is market value! So unless you are a Communist and intend on setting the price that all goods can be sold for, it is called "market value based on demand."

:nono:

LOL - Yep. Every used machine on the market..."Only cut plastic or aluminum"...Never abused, Cream puff...errr:nono:

So what are the spindle and servo times also? Why do you keep all the info to yourself?

It is coming out of a plastics company. they used it to machine their products.

I don't know what the times are.

The reason I am asking is because before a week ago I didn't know this machine existed. I am only interested in this machine in particular if I can get it for a really good deal. I have floor space and budget for a more premium machine but this would do the job while I continue to shop around.

If said machine could be had for say $40,000, would that be standard or a screaming good deal?

Haas prices are NOT "overinflated," it is market value! So unless you are a Communist and intend on setting the price that all goods can be sold for, it is called "market value based on demand."

:nono:

Did you read what I wrote? I said they are overinflated because of popularity (demand).....Kind of like beanie babies. Price was high...but I'd say it was "overinflated due to popularity at the time"...

It is coming out of a plastics company. they used it to machine their products.

I don't know what the times are.

The reason I am asking is because before a week ago I didn't know this machine existed. I am only interested in this machine in particular if I can get it for a really good deal. I have floor space and budget for a more premium machine but this would do the job while I continue to shop around.

If said machine could be had for say $40,000, would that be standard or a screaming good deal?

40k for a stripped nearly 7 year old machine vs 53k for a brand new one...I'd just get the new one if it was me.

Did you read what I wrote? I said they are overinflated because of popularity (demand).....Kind of like beanie babies. Price was high...but I'd say it was "overinflated due to popularity at the time"...

"Overinflated because of popularity," means market demand is high which drives the price up. What about simple economics do you not understand? You mention Beanie Babies and that was a fad, not a demand based on usefulness!

Unless you want to say that Haas is just a fad that has lasted for over 25 years, why not just go to our Mori forum and have a blast.

:nutter:

"Overinflated because of popularity," means market demand is high which drives the price up. What about simple economics do you not understand? You mention Beanie Babies and that was a fad, not a demand based on usefulness!

Unless you want to say that Haas is just a fad that has lasted for over 25 years, why not just go to our Mori forum and have a blast.

:nutter:

Wow. Contradict yourself much?:nutter::nutter::nutter:

You seem to always have an amazing way to be zero help to the OP's.

A brand new 2015 barebones VF2 can be had for $47,800 during any of the 10% off sales that Haas runs during the year.

If you pay anywhere near 40k for a machine that old...your damn near retarded.

Id say 30k is a fair price, 25k would be a screaming deal

-Geoff

Back