What's new
What's new

how is the time of PM posts computed?

Tommy

Cast Iron
I searched for information concerning this question on the PM site, but have not found an answer. So what actually generates the "time stamp" when a post appears on PM? I assume that GMT is the basis, as posts appear to be approximately five hours "ahead" of local CDT, but not exactly. It's hard to catch a new post "in the act", but the most recent ones seem to be around ten minutes "ahead" of GMT-CDT.

For instance, a few moments ago some posts were displayed with times in the 04:29 to 04:31 PM CDT range, but at that moment the actual GMT-CDT minute was --:21, so shouldn't they have read 04:21 PM CDT or earlier?. Must be an explanation, but it's eluded me so far.

~TW~

Clock on the PM computer server is not set correctly, but currently 10 minutes fast.

Well, that's certainly a plausible explanation. Nothing sinister or exotic going on, eh?

Makes no difference, I suppose, I'm just a nut for the correct time. I bought an interesting little clock a couple of years ago that receives a radio signal from the atomic clock in Fort Collins, CO, to keep it accurate within a second. Paid about twenty bucks for it and it's worked perfectly. Here's a link to the one I've got if anyone's interested:

Atomic Wall Clock WT-3102S

I realize there may be those who deal in time intervals of thousandths of a second that would not consider an entire second to be particularly "accurate", but it's close enough or me.

~TW~

Back