What's new

Image Example

• Thread starter Admin5
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 11,900
A

Admin5

NOTE- When posting an image, for the purposes of quick downloads, please try and keep the size no larger than this one.

Note that the image can be placed anywhere in the post, such as between the text in this case.
squaretap1.jpg

Note that the image can be placed anywhere in the post, such as between the text in this case.

[This message has been edited by Admin5 (edited 11-05-2001).]

050801-2032 EST USA

Admin5:

Your sample photo is 16316 bytes and is 237 x 182 pixels. This may be more useful information than 3".

This does not have much detail but is moderately small, and useful for dial up download.

We normally put pictures on our web site at 480 x 640. Twenty or so pictures takes about 5 minutes to down load at fast dialup speed. Even at 480 x 640 I do not consider a simple drawing very satisfactory.

ArcSoft PhotoStudio is the program we use for resizing pictures and adding comments into the photo. Our standard resolution when taking pictures is 2560 x 1920. However if the picture is only for web site use, then we take the picture at 640 x 480 in JPEG format in the camera. Typical 640 x 480 pictures are about 100 kbytes. The 2560 pictures are typically about 2.5 megabytes.

For the most part we put our pictures on pages that are primarily for photos, and not on our main page. Thus, when someone gets to our site they have a fast load of the main page, and other pages that are primarily text.

What we need is Internet Explorer to directly display .DXF files. DXF is fairly common and does not lose any resolution, and is a small file size for high resolution.

My camera is set for 2560 x 1920 but during down loadfrom the camera to an external drive storage system they are resized 640 x 480. This size transfers well in the industrial field where everything is on DSL. Is this size acceptable for the forum arena or should I reduce them further in consideration of the dialup community.

Ed Miles

Many of the photos I use on my web site are about 511 wide. The trick is to use as much jpeg compression as possible without messing up the details. That size (IMO) looks good and loads quickly on my dial-up. Remember that image size is a squared function, so it gets painful fast. Huge images drive me nuts and I bypass most of 'em.

Logan model 211 lathe

Back