What's new
What's new

Machine Lighting

cmussel

Plastic
Sorry...this is my first post here and I don't know if this is the appropriate forum but I wanted to share.

I've restored a number of antoque woodworking machines and I just acquired a vintage Sheldon lathe. In almost all cases I upgrade as well as restore, adding lighting to the machine. I'ts been hard finding gooseneck lighting that fits well on any machine but I just came across these great lights at IKEA.

They're LED lamps, with an extra-long gooseneck and they're only $10.
They should be easily adaptable to any machine.

Check out:

IKEA | Lighting | Table lamps | JANSJÖ | Work lamp

My wife picked up two, glad she did, these things put out nice bright light, and don't get hot.

$10/each but she said they were on sale and normally $20.

I'll fiddle with permanent mounting or maybe grab a few big ring magnets. Thanks for the tip.

Excellent Idea, make sure that it is water proof, if used for metal cutting operation, especially Grinding.

I have been using these for some time, and they are excellent. We use them indoors too. They are also available with a clamp fitting (though the gooseneck is a bit short on those) and in silver as well as black. Incidentally, the low voltage plug and socket on the 'wall wart' supplied with the lamps is a standard 2-pin DIN plug and socket, commonly used for connecting the speakers in stereo systems. (e.g. Farnell Electronic Components part number 150850)

George

Back