What's new
What's new

New to the forum

For most measuring tools, Mitutoyo brand (genuine, not counterfeit) will be a good, if not cheap choice. I would suggest getting a 6"/150mm digital caliper as opposed to vernier, if you actually meant vernier specifically.

Don't drop them or lend them to others, unless your company, rather than you, paid for them. Even good quality tools can be quickly damaged or ruined by improper handling.

I too am new to the forum and machine metal work.
There’s a local guy selling an Atlas 10F lathe from 1939.
I’m seriously considering buying it as my very first metal lathe and getting started making things.
I’d appreciate any advice and the benefit of those much more experienced than I.
I’m looking forward to learning a lot from the members here.
Thank you.

I too am new to the forum and machine metal work.
There’s a local guy selling an Atlas 10F lathe from 1939.
I’m seriously considering buying it as my very first metal lathe and getting started making things.
I’d appreciate any advice and the benefit of those much more experienced than I.
I’m looking forward to learning a lot from the members here.
Thank you.

Welcome to the forum.
'Atlas' is on the forbidden list here as a hobby machine. The advice would be to steer clear and buy something halfways decent. The good news is theres plenty out there.
Lathes + Machine Tool Archive

Hello, I am Stephannie and I am new here. I am a Research Scientist and I love learning about new topics and knowing other people's ideas. I am here to interact with everyone and gain more knowledge. Thank you for having me here

Hello, I am Richard. I am also new in this forum. Looking forward to find good people here and have a good time and gaining more knowledge.

hi my name is santner, i have just joined this forum, looking for some good people to share and gain knowledge.

Back