What's new
What's new

Why is it everytime I try to sell anyting on here it gets deleted??!!

You have no posting history... need a bit a of rapport here before you sell stuff.
Yabutt....many people have been 1st time posters selling stuff.

Maybe the O.P. wasn't trying to sell stuff in the "for sale" section ?
Rather, maybe posting "For sale" in the general section ?

Everytime! this time they stayed on a whole day and a half

2 possibilities.

1) Your are posting something that is prohibited, the solution is to read the rules.
2) The moderators think you are a scammer, just using this site to sell and not post is viewed as poor manners. If you are just here to sell and not contribute, there is no solution.

CarlBoyd

I'm missing something, "every time I post something for sale it gets deleted" - next to your user name it says number of posts "1"? How can you have all the post problems if you only have 1 post?
Dan

I have posted tool holders, a motor, carbide end mills, and more and the only posts that counted are the ones that are on here on this post. I know what I posted.

I have posted tool holders, a motor, carbide end mills, and more and the only posts that counted are the ones that are on here on this post. I know what I posted.

This is not a seller's forum. If your only interest is selling, try eBay. Selling here is for contributing members as a convenience.

Don't feel bad. I joined, created my profile and weighed in on some threads sharing some great information. But because I write a blog about machining, welding, woodworking, etc., and was the managing editor of American Machinist, my profile was deleted and I was blocked with no warning. I was told I cannot share "editorial content." So much for freedom of speech. We can share photos of our machines and what we make but not the stories we might write about other machinists and makers and the cool things they make. I don't make stuff. I know people who do and write about them. That's my gift. I still know a lot about the industry from working in it for years. So, consider yourself lucky that you weren't deleted. I can't share any links to blogs anymore, but at least I can keep learning and maybe meet some folks that I can write more blogs about to help with the reputation of manufacturing and promote an interest in careers in manufacturing. That is my goal. To help this industry. Good luck! Thanks for commiserating.

Don't feel bad. I joined, created my profile and weighed in on some threads sharing some great information. But because I write a blog about machining, welding, woodworking, etc., and was the managing editor of American Machinist, my profile was deleted and I was blocked with no warning. I was told I cannot share "editorial content." So much for freedom of speech.
You are not allowed to post stuff by representing yourself as another entity or business. LOTS of people here work in industry, but they are not allowed to have a user name with their employer's name in it for example. The admin has deleted many a member's profiles for such reason. You were not singled out.

Posting as an individual is what this place is all about and your screen name must reflect an individual.

................ was the managing editor of American Machinist, my profile was deleted and I was blocked with no warning. I was told I cannot share "editorial content." So much for freedom of speech. ....................

Freedom of speech is not a constitutionally protected right on a privately owned web site. If you were a managing editor of a magazine you should know that.

Steve

?? Why would it NOT?

PM's database doesn't DO nostalgic memory of curiously offensive farts or the haunting perfume of a lost love's undies.
WOW!!! What a wordsmith. (This guy guy could sell a deep freezer to an Eskimo) (Oh Shit, is it still PC to call them Eskimo's)

Back