What's new
What's new

15/32-32 external threads

tracystrehl

Plastic
Has anyone encountered 15/32-32 external threads? We have a small job, not cost effective to purchase a special order $600 thread ring. Problem is I cant find any specs on this size. The Handbook doesn't contain that size. I need to have at least one of the following dimensions to make calculations; minor or major diameter, and/or pitch diameter. This is my 1st time posting, thanks for your time.:)

We are single pointing the threads in CNC, I am looking for an inspection process I can be confident in without buying the thread rings. Id like to be able to measure pitch at least.

I don't know why this info is so hard to find- it's a common thread size. I couldn't find it either. I'd just see what the difference is between the major dia. and pitch dia is on a 32 pitch thread that you can find, then apply that difference to the 15/32 diameter.

ok,I'll ask.
Is that a call out or is that what you measured a part to be?

I only ask because it would not be the first time I have seen someone mistake a metric thread for a near imperial...any chance of 12mmx1?

It's the thread size for toggle switches; I cut (literally) millions of them back when I ran screw machines. We had ring gages, though. That's why I don't understand why the data is so hard to find- they're everywhere.

The Major Diameter of a 15/32-32 screwthread is 15/32 inch.

Beyond that, I'm wondering what the design-intent threadform is. Toggle switches have been used since long before the Unified (aka ISO Inch) threadform was introduced, so I'd think there's a non-negligible probability that the threadform is something other than Unified . . . and if not, there's no guarantee that it's the now-generally-obsolete U S Standard threadform.

Back