What's new
What's new

Any Interest in UK, Scandinavia or Europe Scraping Class in Oct, Nov, Dec, 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard King

Diamond
I have been invited by BIAX Germany to again teach this next November in Austria for 2 weeks. They had hoped I could coordinate classes and save on air fare teaching in the other places I have taught at. Let me know if anyone wants to host another class this coming late fall. Rich

I have been invited by BIAX Germany to again teach this next November in Austria for 2 weeks. They had hoped I could coordinate classes and save on air fare teaching in the other places I have taught at. Let me know if anyone wants to host another class this coming late fall. Rich

In other words, BIAX wants you to promote/sell their product and you're looking for a larger "audience". Plenty clear you are just a Biax salesman and the "teachin" is just a marketing ploy to get people in the door.

In other words, BIAX wants you to promote/sell their product and you're looking for a larger "audience". Plenty clear you are just a Biax salesman and the "teachin" is just a marketing ploy to get people in the door.

What's your problem porky? Go play somewhere else and quit polluting these threads with your venom.:angry:

Stuart

What's your problem porky? Go play somewhere else and quit polluting these threads with your venom.:angry:

Stuart

You're wasting time Stuart ( little :) :) :) ). These things don't touch me. But you keep practicing and maybe it will grow some. Or last longer... :) :) :) Keep insulting people, like uncle Richard and see how far that will take you. By the way - why do you hate blacks ?

Last edited:
I did a five year scraping and machine building class called a apprenticeship so not too interested in the class but am interested in a new 'biax' as my remote cable drive thing is coming to endof days!

You're wasting time Stuart ( little :) :) :) ). These things don't touch me. But you keep practicing and maybe it will grow some. Or last longer... :) :) :) Keep insulting people like uncle Richard and see how far that will take you. By the way - why do you hate blacks ?

AlexO,

I have absolutely no idea if you're black, pink or chartreuse and could care less..that's certainly a weird thing to bring up out of nowhere. Sort of proves my point you have more than one axe to grind...I'd suggest you go grind it elsewhere.

Rich teaches scraping and Biax manufactures and sells scrapers...is that too much of a leap for your brain?

Stuart

AlexO,

I have absolutely no idea if you're black, pink or chartreuse and could care less..that's certainly a weird thing to bring up out of nowhere. Sort of proves my point you have more than one axe to grind...I'd suggest you go grind it elsewhere.

Rich teaches scraping and Biax manufactures and sells scrapers...is that too much of a leap for your brain?

Stuart

I suggest you mind your business.

Richard feels entitled to bully, call out and insult everybody and I feel entitled to point he's simply in sales.

Now, move on !

I did a five year scraping and machine building class called a apprenticeship so not too interested in the class but am interested in a new 'biax' as my remote cable drive thing is coming to endof days!

Most crafts, trades, and professions have a formal progression and credentials in Blighty or on the Continent.

Nought to do with whether Richard can do the work, but I wonder about the work visa, trade credentials, teaching credentials, and Inland Revenue filings, UK regulatory environment.

Wasn't without its various and sundry box-ticks and overheads, even for moving Cable & Wireless, Plc. staff about or running training programs, old Day Job.

Most crafts, trades, and professions have a formal progression and credentials in Blighty or on the Continent.

Nought to do with whether Richard can do the work, but I wonder about the work visa, trade credentials, teaching credentials, and Inland Revenue filings, UK regulatory environment.

Wasn't without its various and sundry box-ticks and overheads, even for moving Cable & Wireless, Plc. staff about or running training programs, old Day Job.

Well, some of that is not needed if you took your Gesellenprüfung with "ma daddy". Then obviously no paper work or formal credentials are needed.

Well, some of that is not needed if you took your Gesellenprüfung with "ma daddy". Then obviously no paper work or formal credentials are needed.

More to the spirit of the rules, the STUDENTS are not being granted any formal box-ticks that carry any weight within their progression or completions. Nought to do with learning - just not on the sort of formal progression pressbrake1 shared.

It is NOT EASY for a UK firm to hire a Yank who has "OJT" and zero of those formal credentials. Having served in ULM, both sides of the pond, I don't really have an issue with that. UK/EU formally recorded training is a form of "national QC" that at least hopes to insure a person is what they are expected to be, whether great at it, or merely "adequate".

The regulating bodies can choose to class the sort of course Richard sells as a mere "special interest group" of diverse interested parties - hobbyists, technically - and go on about more significant work that might affect whole industries and/or EU expectations.

Work visa is another matter, but Sales, Marketing, Finance, IS/IT, and Management get cut some slack for "coordinating" meetings to bend the rules of an ordinary Tourist visa/ visa waiver as it isn't worth the hassle to the governments any more than it is to the sponsoring companies or individuals to process employment visas.

Ditto HM IRS. 9 workdays a year, AKA one day short of two full weeks, was the old US/UK reciprocal treaty level before a tax return was mandated, either side. I haven't had need to be current in a decade or so, but the information is online.

Those EU linkages, BTW, are soon to be altered, one way or another, as happens. For pragmatic reasons, retaining labour and skills qualification compatibility is highly probable, even so. Many of the players are ISO-level in any case, and seeking globally recognized standards, ELSE recorded DIFFERENCES, one nation to another, long term.

No. I don't scrape.

I did have HR and Finance responsibility, major global firm, though. Seconding staff between and amongst continents was a significant part of that.

Didn't make me "special", let alone famous. Just one more "job" in a long line of them. Did pay pretty damned well, + indoor parking, in town London and a BMW 5 Series 4 DR company car allowance, early 1990's. The "Big Guys" got 7-Series. The "kings", Daimlers and Range Rovers, chauffeured. "Who Dares Wins" on a retired, but still seriously hard man's kit somewhere or another.

So who needed paparazzi?

:)

Last edited:
More to the spirit of the rules, the STUDENTS are not being granted any formal box-ticks that carry any weight within their progression or completions. Nought to do with learning - just not on the sort of formal progression pressbrake1 shared.

:)

An excellent point if I may say so.

A lengthy apprenticeship followed by appropriate examinations gives some confidence that one can actually do a tad more than drilling the same hole or scraping the same straight edge. Absent that it might be difficult to command a salary. Though there is always the field of teachin'...

Absent that it might be difficult to command a salary.

In some fields - ours among them - the UK/EU Qualifications were in demand for many venues outside the countries in which earned. I was pleased to hire UK trained Engineers, Irish and Scottish Finance staff, for even US HQ positions.

Pragmatists, y'see. Their training was on rapid grasp of real-world challenges, and the backblow that fixes of one sort of another were bound to generate.

F**k around at half-solving a problem, all the while risking making the next period worse, they never did.

I'd expect the same level of real-world pragmatism from any UK-trained craftsman, be it in metal, millimeter waves, or the numbers in a General Ledger. I did expect it. We got it. Every time but one. That one, I simply had to send back to the UK on "gardening leave" until he could find another perch on his own effort. C&W had a good system for dealing with those as well. When they hadn't yet lost their very soul, anyway.

:(

Everyone put the pricks on ignore. There content on Practical Machinist is worthless.

Here we go again.. Gratuitous attempted bitch-slaps. Cannot kerb your lust for turmoil, can you?

Buy a PM ADVERTISING SLOT if you want immunity from backlash to your Bullshit, Richard.

Or post a link to you OWN sales website! That is what they are FOR!

You have poisoned the PUBLIC well of PM too often already. Shat in the shared "stone soup", as it were.

BTW Not "There". And probably not "Their", either. "My" fits, though.

As requested, I shall put the prick to whom:

My content on Practical Machinist is worthless

... best applies ....on ignore.

If nothing else, it blocks your annoying hybrid threatening/begging PM messages!

Quit that shit, too and grow a pair!

Adios, ...... ......

AlexO,

Stuart

Stuart never mind Alprick as he is so jealous of people who know more then him. He is another pretender who lives in South Africa and has a huge chip on his shoulder. It is also possible he is a fake as if you look at his profile he joined years back and then never wrote for years. Then he appears out of nowhere and has HUGE EGO and issues if you do not agree with him. I suspect he is Monarchist/Thermite/Alex O/and a 1/2 dozen fake names Bill has made up. One of the longtime Diamond members told me is a PM he suspects someone hacked the original Alex name and is fake. The best medicine for those pricks is to give it back at them. Neither has identified themselves as they are chicken. No way to verify their identity or credentials so they can blabber on about their expertise. I am not afraid to put my real name on here. You can google my name and see my history.

They are fakes who pretend to be experts to make there days at the "Home" go by faster. Both are old and crabby, no friends in real ife. I am sure if we met face to face they would be small and skinny. Stink like urine as they wear diapers. I pity them as a matter of fact.

Stuart never mind Alprick as he is so jealous of people who know more then him. He is another pretender who lives in South Africa and has a huge chip on his shoulder. It is also possible he is a fake as if you look at his profile he joined years back and then never wrote for years. Then he appears out of nowhere and has HUGE EGO and issues if you do not agree with him. I suspect he is Monarchist/Thermite/Alex O/and a 1/2 dozen fake names Bill has made up. One of the longtime Diamond members told me is a PM he suspects someone hacked the original Alex name and is fake. The best medicine for those pricks is to give it back at them. Neither has identified themselves as they are chicken. No way to verify their identity or credentials so they can blabber on about their expertise. I am not afraid to put my real name on here. You can google my name and see my history.

They are fakes who pretend to be experts to make there days at the "Home" go by faster. Both are old and crabby, no friends in real ife. I am sure if we met face to face they would be small and skinny. Stink like urine as they wear diapers. I pity them as a matter of fact.

Forever SO defensive Richard, always on the attack, always insulting, putting people down, bragging etc I'm starting to wonder who's the "machine tool rebuilder" fake here.....

Forever SO defensive Richard, always on the attack, always insulting, putting people down, bragging etc I'm starting to wonder who's the "machine tool rebuilder" fake here.....

Now, now, Alex.

Nothing "fake" about Richard's ability to scrape.

What's to be wondered about is "faking" a functional human being, how well, and for how much longer.

Not a good one to bet on a favourable outcome for, less'n he gets a different kind of help than his paparazzi have in their meagre pockets.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back