What's new
What's new

B-day gift for myself;-)

simpledong

Plastic
Found this used biax on eBay with reasonably good price. Arrived just in time.
Still practicing. Hopefully I can be good at using it some day.

Attachments

• IMG_2405.jpg
    IMG_2405.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2406.jpg
    IMG_2406.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2407.jpg
    IMG_2407.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 104
Of course the all important aspect you didn't mention is price. How much of a bargain was it?

I'm looking for one for my brother, passed on some a few months ago in the $400 range.

I have no idea looking back as to why I let them go.

Nice!!! You might try milling a little off each side of the replaceable blade holders so they can flex a bit. I got mine down to about .100 before they started working good for me, but this will very depending on hard you push. Take a little off at a time till you find what works. Just remember, you cant put it back on, but you can take more off. Whats gonna be your first project?

Of course the all important aspect you didn't mention is price. How much of a bargain was it?

I'm looking for one for my brother, passed on some a few months ago in the $400 range.

400 bucks:eek: Now thats a smoking deal!!!

Thanks for the advice. My Sandvik 620 hand scraper is also too rigid to my taste.
I am trying to restore a Tree mill, but I think I will keep praticing till I feel comfortable to touch the ways;-)
Nice!!! You might try milling a little off each side of the replaceable blade holders so they can flex a bit. I got mine down to about .100 before they started working good for me, but this will very depending on hard you push. Take a little off at a time till you find what works. Just remember, you cant put it back on, but you can take more off. Whats gonna be your first project?

It is slightly less than 1K. It is not a steal but still a reasonably good price for a biax current model with a blade set.
The only $400 range one I have seen on ebay was a Renz and it sold quickly.

Back