What's new
What's new

ball size 1236 ..what is this

fisa

Plastic
Hello experts I have a machine Colchester cnc2000l...due to backlash (almost 0.3mm) issue I open my machine z axis balls crew assembly to rectify it...after disassmle the ball srew assy find that the all was damage and en even shapes most the the ball size i measued was 3.06mm 3.095 ..and ...now I have to replaced the ball but can't understand which size of ball to be used..on the nut there is a mentioned about ball size (ball size is 1236) but not able to understand about 1236..how I determine the exact ball size...please need some advice..

Regards

Asif

Some times you can run larger balls above the worn path. When I send ball screws into Precision Ball Screws | New & Replacement | Dynatect LSI

They can do that about 50% of the time. You should take some photo's and measure the old screw, and ball sizes and email the experts at Dynatect (I used them when they were Ball Screws International)
I rebuilt some Bryant Grinders years ago and I found a company that sold balls in .0001" increments, but can't find or remember the name anymore. I did see this old thread on ball screw rebuilding thought that's pretty interesting.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/cnc-machining/ballscrew-ball-size-calculation-175240/

Back