What's new
What's new

Bay Area of California REBUILDING CLASS, NEED SHOP TO DO IT IN

Richard King

Diamond
Hi all,

The host shop that originally said he would open his doors to do a class told us today he is swamped with work and can't do it. We need a place to do it. If you have a small shop in the Bay Area please let me know.

May 9 - 20, 2018. Need a space about the size of a 2 or 3 car garage. You and 1 helper would be free of charge.

Message me please if you can. Thanks. Rich

Rich,

You might drop a line to Ross. (AlfaGTA). He's in Corte Madera. Kind of close, from this far away. He might have a bit of local knowledge. Ross wouldn't necessarily see this section. He's a true and noble Maho / Deckel kind of bloke.

The member Michael Moore would have been a good chance, I think he was true Bay area. As I recall he dabbled into scraping. I recall having a bit to do with spindle bearings on his Tree 325 mill some years ago. Check just then, shows he hasn't participated here since April last year 2017.

If anyone knows what happened to Michael, Private message me. I had a lot of time and respect for the bloke.

Regards Phil.

Found 2 places about 1 hour north an south, but would prefer one closer to Bay Area

We found a place but it is near San Jose about 1 hour drive South and near Santa Rosa about 1 hour north from Oakland but still looking for a place to hold the class thats a little closer to Oakland though.. Also looking for students. We are still looking for a few more students. We are now accepting 2 and 3 day students if you can only come one the weekend. Thanks. Rich

Hi Were still looking for someplace closer to Berkeley or Oakland to do the class. We have had some people volunteer their shops (Thank You) but they are a 45 min drive without traffic.
Thanks. Rich

This class is now full. If you want to attend a USA class in 2018 - The Springfield VT class end of April is the only one with openings. I will be teaching in Austria in November with openings now.

Back