What's new
What's new

Black Diamond drill grinder

x-tools

Plastic
I've been checking craigslist looking for good deals on equipment to build my shop and i came across this

Vintage Drill Grinder - tools - by owner - sale

it's missing a few parts but if i can get it complete and functioning it would definitely be a cool machine to have. I just don't know how common the parts are that I will need. so what do you think is it worth it?

black diamond drill grinder

I've been checking craigslist looking for good deals on equipment to build my shop and i came across this

Vintage Drill Grinder - tools - by owner - sale

it's missing a few parts but if i can get it complete and functioning it would definitely be a cool machine to have. I just don't know how common the parts are that I will need. so what do you think is it worth it?

Hi, Tim here. I have 2 black diamonds. There is a lot missing. It needs the drill stand, that sets above the protractor to the right of the grinding wheel. Can't tell if there are any of the "master collets" in the box with the drill holder. No idea how many drill sleeves are in the box. Yes they are great manual drill grinders. I grind hundreds per month--tool grinding service, Burke's Precision Grinding. You might be better served waiting/paying a little more and get a machine that is more complete and ready to go. Just my 2 cents. Have a great day. Tim

Black Diamond is still in business, They $ have $ parts. As it sits it is useless. The parts that are missing will not be easy to make. Does it come with a full set of collets? That said it is worth getting for parts if nothing else. I would buy it for parts if it was closer. I use mine all the time, it does a damn good job

thanks for the reply's guys

I don't really need this machine don't even have a drill press yet(that's what i was looking for when i found this) I was thinking I would pick it up for cheap and get it going by the time i need it

do you think i can find the parts i need on ebay or is this machine only good for parts?

Back