What's new
What's new

Brown & Sharpe no2 Grinder with unknow electromagnetic chuck on (need identification)

Simon&Simon's

Aluminum
Brown & Sharpe no2 Grinder with unknow electromagnetic chuck on (need identification)

I get the best deal of my life on this Brown & Sharpe no2 surface grinder. The guy how ''sell'' it to give me this chuck with. The controler box is missing, with the name tag I'm sure.

Do anybodies can recognize this chuck under this wild paint job?
Thanks

SIMON

View attachment 195596

Sorry for the double post,
nobobies know how the trouble shoot thoses? I have 4 wires cut off and I know that the europeen don't use the same plug than us, for electronic background.
Thanks
Simon

apparently it is a no. 618 electromagnetic table come with neutrol controller from B&S... not too much info online for this body.

If you can find a guy with good electrical background, you can probably get more useful advice.

My first thought is that you can check wire ends with an ohmmeter and figure out where the completed circuits are. The resistance of the coils would also give a cue to voltage it's designed for. Again, speculating, the four wires might be one set for a DC magnet and another set for demag.

There should also be a data plate on the magnet specifying voltage and amperage, and if not there, the controller should have one. Key word there being 'should.'

If it helps, which it probably doesn't, my magnetic chuck runs on 110v DC.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

MY B&S "2 has a four wire plug from controller..110/120 AC in and 110 DC to the chuck..
Can't remember any other than that. If I can find time will go out to the shop and look to see if color coded...

Back