What's new
What's new

Colchester Chipmaster Help needed

Dantheman84

Plastic
Hi there, I'm rebuilding a Chippie and I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer. How does the feed shaft come out of the gearbox on a Chipmaster? What is the easiest way to remove the shaft?
Thanks in advance
Daniel

Pull off the right hand block that supports feed shaft and screw cutting screw and both will easily pull off their shaft supports at gearbox end.

L7

Thanks for the reply. I've already pulled off end bracket at tailstock end, leadscrew came out easily but feed shaft won't budge at all. There's nothing that holds the feed shaft in the gearbox?
Cheers
Daniel

IIRC there's just a U shaped recess in the end of the feed rod that engages a fixed pin in the g/box so the shaft just pulls out.

But - it's been about 14 years since I disassembled mine so who knows how good my memory is.

I do have a manual - somewhere. If you get stuck I'll see if I can find it.

PDW

Hi Daniel,

Lucky7 and PDW are right.
At my Chipmater, (after removing the end bracket) pulling the feed shaft is easier while the groove of the feed shaft is cleaned proper and the apron is moved to the left side.

DSCF5783.jpg

Cheers,
Karl

Thanks so much for the advice, I got the feed shaft out last night. Turns out I was being too gentle with it but with some light persuasion it came out fine. It makes it easier knowing thats how it comes out so thanks very much guys for the advice.
Cheers
Daniel

Back