What's new
What's new

Disabling Z axis on supermax ycm-30

Mrgreen

Plastic
Just wanted to welcome myself on i think i have a new to me machine coming for my garage.

I am wondering if i am able to use the quill traditionally as a Bridgeport as there is the Z motor where the quill arm would be.

There is a little wheel for fine movement below but i am hoping i can worse case rip off the auto z

Any help would be great and i have a picture too if needed

Thanks

Yes LOL

There are times when I don't want to have to use the jog or program the Z like power tapped form taps say

I now use Bridgeports that have the Z but they have a lever to disable the Z this looks like it does not:confused:

OH I have a SWI AGE 3 controller

Attachments

• mill4.jpg
    mill4.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 237
I have the 40 taper version of this, and it has a very old Proto control. The quill does not have a rack on it, so not the same as a standard machine.
If yo are not actively doing something, then the servos are not in hold mode, and you can use that little knob on the bottom of the z screw.
Mine doesn't have that cool little spinner on it. It is somewhat inconvenient, but also more rigid that a standard BP by losing the tilt and nod.

regards,
Jon P.

Thank you Jon!

I am really eager to get a machine and am getting a great deal on this one so I am biased wanting it for sure. I am nervous that the lack of "rack/lever" could be a bad deal and wondered your thoughts on that? I am currently using a BP with rack and use it without my Z cnc for everything. I was a bit excited about having the option to use the CNC Z but again don't have enough experience to know whether not have a rack on this machine will be a negative for me?

I have time to back out of the machine but would like some honest experience input so I make a decent decision.

Back