What's new
What's new

Has Practical Machinist changed the rules to allow Rung-Fo info on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard King

Diamond
In recent months it seems more and more info is being allowed when it comes to cheap Asian machines.
In a thread in the reconditioning forum has been going on way to long in my opinion. The OP has a cheap import he is trying to scrape. He is a Rookie and we have been trying to help him and expecting the thread to be closed as we tried to help this guy. It is getting ridiculous now as the OP is trying to tell us how to do it. He is either some jokester playing games testing Milicron or a new member trying to get help and thinking he knows what the heck is going on when he has never scraped a thing before. He talks about using a Chinese surface plate. Sighhhhhh

I have lost my patience trying to help this member as he continues to try to tell us how he is scraping his Rung-Fo or what ever Chinese POS machine (mini mill...lol).

So what is it? Do we allow Cheap Asian Rung Fo type machines in here now or not? Rich

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v.../newbie-scraping-mini-mill-344799/index4.html

In recent months it seems more and more info is being allowed when it comes to cheap Asian machines.
In a thread in the reconditioning forum has been going on way to long in my opinion. The OP has a cheap import he is trying to scrape. He is a Rookie and we have been trying to help him and expecting the thread to be closed as we tried to help this guy. It is getting ridiculous now as the OP is trying to tell us how to do it. He is either some jokester playing games testing Milicron or a new member trying to get help and thinking he knows what the heck is going on when he has never scraped a thing before. He talks about using a Chinese surface plate. Sighhhhhh

I have lost my patience trying to help this member as he continues to try to tell us how he is scraping his Rung-Fo or what ever Chinese POS machine (mini mill...lol).

So what is it? Do we allow Cheap Asian Rung Fo type machines in here now or not? Rich

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v.../newbie-scraping-mini-mill-344799/index4.html

Well... maybe it lasted so long because one of the most well-known master scrapers in the known universe was polite and gracious enough to become Mister Nice Guy and tried to help the poor struggling impoverished but dedicated newbie learn what he needed to learn, hard way or not?

That Tee Vee show was so novel it has been kinda heartwarming to watch, actually.

I applaud the patience you DID exhibit. Good on yah!

Too late now to pretend you were never that flexible - that generous of your time and expertise - and go back to playing hard-ass, ain't it?

:)

I say leave him be. It may take a year. Or only another week.

But he is PROVING a part of what you have been teaching all along.

Even if one polishes, scrapes, and flakes a turd, it is still a squishy turd underneath, cannot benefit from, and cannot "hold" nor pay-back the goodness gifted it.

Live proof of that - every once in a while - is worth ten years and a thousand armchair arguments about it in text.

I've no klew if Milacron has been watching or not.

I rather suspect that "Brothers, you ASKED for it!" - as a reminder as to WHY these discussions are discouraged - just might fit if he is monitoring the thread.

" He talks about using a Chinese surface plate. Sighhhhhh"

How gauche........Puhleeeze... "Luvee , where's Teddy...and bring me my Harvard tie "

maybe he should get his first scraping practice on a Deckel mill or a Mitsui-Seiki jigborer.

all...or nothing....

This is an easy enough problem to stop.... just don't respond.

Just because somebody post something, that doesn't mean you have to respond.

Over the years it has always amazed me how someone calling me for information on how to do something are usually arguing with me by the end of the call. I've learned to lower my expectations and cut people loose when it get's stupid. Unfortunately there is a lot of stupid out there. Letting it stress you out is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die. ;-)

Paul

Well... maybe it lasted so long because one of the most well-known master scrapers in the known universe was polite and gracious enough to become Mister Nice Guy and tried to help the poor struggling impoverished but dedicated newbie learn what he needed to learn, hard way or not?

That Tee Vee show was so novel it has been kinda heartwarming to watch, actually.

I applaud the patience you DID exhibit. Good on yah!

Too late now to pretend you were never that flexible - that generous of your time and expertise - and go back to playing hard-ass, ain't it?

I say leave him be. It may take a year. Or only another week.

But he is PROVING a part of what you have been teaching all along.

Even if one polishes, scrapes, and flakes a turd, it is still a squishy turd underneath.

Live proof - every once in a while - is worth ten years and a thousand armchair arguments in text.

I reported it 2 or 3 times....I do try to help people and am not the hard ass you and some think I am!

Very generous with my time, writings and giving away classes to people who can't afford it. Next week I am giving 2 guys the class as one is a student and another is retired.

I have had repeat invitations to teach for Keith Rucker, Steve Watkins (2 of the nicest guys alive) and if I was such a prick they would have never invited me back. I do get fired up sometime but hell I'm human and not some robot with no feelings.

Thermite...what a fricking Joke....How can you have 2 screen names??
Or maybe your the OP of that thread pretending to be some rookie...

You write under Thermite who is one of the most hated names on here....and then changed it to Monarch hoping you could woo some unsuspecting new member to "LIKE" you. Not knowing what a prick Thermite was and still is in my opinion. Lets get back to the question. Are we going to let Chinese Machines like these Mini Mills discussion on the forum!

This is off the topic of the thread but...I'm confused, I see "termite" posting as well as the infamous "monarchist". Both post show today's date. Am I going nuts or does it require two user names to satisfy his posting appetite.

Stuart

Lets get back to the question. Are we going to let Chinese Machines like these Mini Mills discussion on the forum!

Hated by some, certainly. Stats on the others are on screen. Which set are you seeking to surpass?

Meanwhile "back to" indeed.

"We" is not PM. And PM seems to do when YOU HELP them to be continued as a legitimate example - for learning purposes, if nothing else.

Not accusing you of falling in love with cheap junk, mind.

Sometimes it is quite useful to place bad examples alongside good so as to help explain why good is worthwhile, always, and shite, never.

I thought that was your motive, actually.

To show that even with the most expert support, one just cannot "get there from here" with a badly engineered and built starting point.

Not some form of delayed rage-on "gotcha!" time-bomb.

Re-read the thread, please.

You can indeed "have it both ways".

It is not good for your reputation as to consistency to PLAY IT both ways.

Maybe there just ain't much on Tee Vee, Dogpatch by the Sea, and himself is larfing at the posturing of the whole silly lot of us?

I surely am.

;)

Hi Richard,

I think that in this case, the fact that it was a Chinese "home shop" machine was subservient to the goal of a scrape/rebuild which does fit that forum's theme. And it was good of you to give the help you did. Even if things get a little sidetracked due to interpersonal volatility at least the basic info was presented, hopefully not to get too buried in the debris.

And given that you, me, Thermite/Monarchist - we're all getting a little older, so having the wisdom to back off from personal gibes, gripes, or frustrations is a good thing. We just lost a forum member yesterday, no reason to speed that tally along...

What's the difference between scraping a mini mill and somebody posting on another forum that they just saved a BP at a junkyard. None

There's also a post out there for a guy wanting a new chuck for his bench lathe.
Then there's all of the Green Bear stuff being discuss on another thread.

It's Pandora's box, once you open it, you can't get everything back in it.
I just deal with the idiots best that I can. Sometimes it's a day or two away from this. Other ways to cope usually involve beer. And it just turned beer:30 in the time zone I'm in.
JR

Thermite...what a fricking Joke....How can you have 2 screen names??
Or maybe your the OP of that thread pretending to be some rookie...

You write under Thermite who is one of the most hated names on here....and then changed it to Monarch hoping you could woo some unsuspecting new member to "LIKE" you. Not knowing what a prick Thermite was and still is in my opinion. Lets get back to the question. Are we going to let Chinese Machines like these Mini Mills discussion on the forum!

Stop trying to control the Forum. Stick to your stuff. You are constantly coming across as an arrogant, unpleasant, permanently bragging asshole. I would love to believe that's not who you really are but the evidence is mounting. You're not the ultimate word in ANYTHING, you're just a scraper hand who took to teaching - you were not a foreman for SIP. For sure. And you're teaching LOTS of amateurs. Amateurs have cheap Chinese machines. Move on or I'll make you a website with all the crap you spewed here since you joined - I downloaded the entire Forum, by the way. Stop insulting, complaining of others, bragging endlessly for no good reason, "advising/helping" in matters you know shit about and generally being an asshole and a bully.
MAKE YOUR OWN FORUM and use THAT ONE for promotion. I'm really getting tired of your crap.

Other ways to cope usually involve beer. And it just turned beer:30 in the time zone I'm in.
JR

Fooks' sake. And to think I more or less gave up alcohol for PM?

Like a sinking ship, with no cargo left to throw overboard?

And me too old and stiff to even take up scraping and hope to be carried off the field of battle by Valkyries?

What's a "Mother..." to do?

Was the problem the POS mill or the owner who refused to listen to THE King? :rolleyes5:

Was the problem the POS mill or the owner who refused to listen to THE King? :rolleyes5:

On THAT score.. Rich was not the "Lone Ranger'. Fact is, he was uncharacteristically gentle, the rest of us far the more strident.

Which makes the about-face NOW all the more noxious, actually.

Maybe the game fish with fins and gills still respond to bait and hook.

Tougher crowd, here, have grown a ton of scar-tissue already and gone cynical.

And Rich? On the off chance that was an attempt to grasp an opportunity and turn it into some sort of "test"?

"We" are not the ones as failed that test. "Pity Party" threads have poor returns.

Lead, follow, or at least stand aside and watch politely.

:(

Stop trying to control the Forum. Stick to your stuff. You are constantly coming across as an arrogant, unpleasant, permanently bragging asshole. I would love to believe that's not who you really are but the evidence is mounting. You're not the ultimate word in ANYTHING, you're just a scraper hand who took to teaching - you were not a foreman for SIP. For sure. And you're teaching LOTS of amateurs. Amateurs have cheap Chinese machines. Move on or I'll make you a website with all the crap you spewed here since you joined - I downloaded the entire Forum, by the way. Stop insulting, complaining of others, bragging endlessly for no good reason, "advising/helping" in matters you know shit about and generally being an asshole and a bully.
MAKE YOUR OWN FORUM and use THAT ONE for promotion. I'm really getting tired of your crap.

Do we have some anger issues here. Bold faced and underlined even. Is that a real threat?
I sure hope not! I'll stick by Rich. Somebody threatening to make a website really scares me.

There are a number of people that "make" this forum, Rich is one of them. There are a few others that I trust in what they say, maybe 20 in all. Then, there are a bunch of "come lately' posters that are right, no matter what anybody else says. I know you, I worked with you, and you're the reason that I retired. All you have to do is keep it up and all of the guys with real knowledge will leave.
JR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back