What's new
What's new

Jash brand straight edges and parallels?

lucky7

Titanium
Amyone use this brand of cast iron parallels? Opinion from actual use? (not interested in opinions about whatever country of origin it comes from) Thanks!

Lucky7

Amyone use this brand of cast iron parallels? Opinion from actual use? (not interested in opinions about whatever country of origin it comes from) Thanks!

Lucky7

could you pm me a link? I'd be interested in looking more into it. I was only able to find one source for straightedge/parallels.

I have met Mr. Jash 2 times, once at IMTS show and once he stopped by Midwestern Machinery in MPLS where I was contracting. He seemed like a well versed in knowledge of his products. He wanted to sell me a container of straight-edges. LOL...That was before Ebay. I would think they are OK. It looks like his tools, camel backs and plates are copies of Challenge and Bush designs. Lucky put the link on here so all can see. I have just acquired some old straight-edges that I am guessing are 50 years old. I will probably put them on Ebay. A Brown and Sharp 72", 48" 36" camelbacks...some others. They were scraped at one time. I was thinking I will scrape them before but I suppose I could sell them on here. I just sold 3 castings today. 2 for the states and 1 going to the UK.

Thanks for info Ricahrd.

Hmmm, Richard, are you rediscovering your love of scraping SE's? ;-)

Do whatever works for you, but why not put pics and prices for whatever you want to sell on PM? Speaking of stuff, you have any Anderson blades in the stuff you brought back from Texas?

Regards,
Lucky7

I suppose I could sell them AS IS and let you have the fun of scraping them. But these SE's are well aged and I figure I can get more $$ for them scraped. Most professional rebuilders don't scrape with Anderson hand scrapers anymore. There is a coffee can full of BIAX and Sanvik Carbide blades. He had some Sanvik handles and I didn't take them. not worth it to sell for the little I would make on Ebay. He is putting together another list of the testing tools, like mic's. I told him he could sell that on Ebay himself as he can mail those small items out easier then a 72" SE.

Yeah, I do recall your opinion of Amderson's. Gotta admit, for places I can't get my Biax into, I really like a wide radius Anderson blade for shovelling off material in the roughing stage. And not being a pro, I don't need to worry about the time is money thing, so I just use what beats my body up the least. So if someone has old Anderson blades that are cheap I'm interested...

Lucky7

Back