What's new
What's new

Lathes for Sale

Shane B

Plastic
I have 2 lathes I would like to sell. I have minimal information on them and need help knowing where to post and price. I am willing to sell for great price. One is a Lux-Matter 1340 with a date of 1995. The other I do not know what it is. Plate is cut. The one with no name works and has some attachments and the Lux I don't know if it works.

Attachments

• IMAG0023.jpg
    IMAG0023.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 514
  • IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 535
  • IMAG0010.jpg
    IMAG0010.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 848
  • IMAG0020.jpg
    IMAG0020.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 593
I have 2 lathes I would like to sell. I have minimal information on them and need help knowing where to post and price. I am willing to sell for great price. One is a Lux-Matter 1340 with a date of 1995. The other I do not know what it is. Plate is cut. The one with no name works and has some attachments and the Lux I don't know if it works.

What is a great price?

great (grāt)
adj. great·er, great·est
a. Very large in size, extent, or intensity: a great pile of rubble; a great storm.
b. Of a larger size than other, similar forms: the great anteater.
c. Large in quantity or number: A great throng awaited us. See Synonyms at large.
d. Extensive in time or distance: a great delay; a great way off.

:willy_nilly:

Would $3500 plus freight interest anyone? The one has some attachments and I know has been used in the last few years.

Located in Arcola Illinois

I am open to offers. Again I am only going off what I have fond on line. I don't want taken advantage of but I need these gone.

Thank you. I am shooting in the dark. I know nothing about lathes. Ill take offers. Can you give me a price that might be acceptable to ask?

Before we go any further....

You need to clean them, plug them in, and take better pictures if you want "reasonable" money. At this point an unkown individual is selling machines that he has NO clue about with no clue as to condition or why taken out of service. He has also sinned. He is offering at a "great price" which turns out to be BS as he wants what every other ebay dreamer wants, not substantially less based on the above. So has already turned off most of the audience here who would have been interested.

Sir, I know nothing bout these machines and have asked for help to direct me from this forum. I will take what you or others would consider a great value. I through a figure out there to see what reaction I could get to judge what I needed to ask. I am not a ebayer trying to get anything. I have a lot of unused equipment that is taking up space3 that has to go.

IMHO the running lathe could be worth $1,000 to perhaps $1800 with having a fair to good chuck.
The not running $200 to $800
Yes to cleaning them up a bit, but original paint is better than a questionable fresh painted lathe.
Think you should have both running for a test run tryout.

Most not running lathes are worth 1000 less so at a few hundred a not running can be worth less than zerro.

Last edited:
Just to give you an idea. I live in the South...Which has far fewer machine tools than where you are located. For what it's worth...You live in an area which is the center of manufacturing. Lots of machine tools.

So...I purchased my lathe which looks about as rough as yours. Mine had some tooling...Tailstock & Chuck and Aloris BXA tool post along with a bucket of MT-3 large drill bits. And mine was a Clausing 5900 series....Which is a very well made American machine tool.

I paid 400.00 for my lathe. That's about all it was worth to me since it was a gamble and rusty. I have had to rebuild the motor....But I'm happy with what I paid.

IMO....You are asking way too much.No way would I even think about 1500 for an old imported Asian lathe which is an unknown...Not running.

Now...If you can power yours up and show its working, you'll be able to ask more than 400.00-500.00
Even then...without tooling. I'm guessing 700.00 considering that many more machine tools show up in your local. If you have tooling....You need to show that. Take some pictures of everything included. Get rid of that wood and move those chargers out of the way. No one is even going to want to drive 50 miles to look at it, because they can't even get a clue from looking at the pics. Shine some light...take good pics. Anyway...Good luck.
By the way....when I purchased my lathe....He loaded in the back of my Nissan Pickup.

Thank you for your help. I do not have time or resources to clean and hook up for a test run. Neither my self or any of my employees know how to run a lathe or have the electrical background to hook them up. If you know of anyone that will take both of them off my hands for $1000 plus freight please have them contact me. Thank you again.

Why is our machine reconditioning forum being polluted by a for sale advertisment for home shop grade machines?

When down below this forum there is a forum that says "Machinery for Sale or Wanted"

And this forum is titled "Machine Reconditioning, Scraping and Inspection"

Where then would one put a machine for sale advertisement?

For you that help me shed some light on what I had and what I needed to do I appreciate your time. I will take my annoyance elsewhere.

Please do not take wrong way but this forum does not view your grade of machine well so responses are as they are.

Given the look of them they would be worth scrap as you cannot state they are anything other than that.

So the advise is to get them cleaned up without painting. And searching for tips on that will give you guidance.

Then seek help in getting them operational and there ate other forums such as hobby machinest that would see these as decent machines.

Given size of machines and your lack of ability to properly demonstrate their condition or function your best Avenue for selling would be local craigslist and do not give phone number and insist on email to keep traffic good.

Price 1500 each maybe as starting point and learn from folks who come look but do not like for whatever reason.

Depending on what is in your market the price will vary. ..supply and demand do a lot of machines will drive price down and few drive up.

You need to step away from selling now and prepare them and yourself then try and you may have better outcome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Back