What's new
What's new

Newbie with broken Frejoth lathe

Anatol

Aluminum
Hi all
I have a Frejoth 900AE/G 12x37 lathe, mine is 220v (in USA).
Its a hand me down and I'd like to get it up and running.
Afaik, it has a electrical control issue. I'm pretty comfortable with relays and electromechanics so it doesn't scare me, but a circuit diagram would be a big help ;)
And I'm looking for a manual.
As I understand it, this lathe was Taiwan made (reasonably good make) and rebranded with a bunch of different names - I've seen reference to Acra (pretty sure about this equivalence). Less sure comparable Grizzly. Also seen Lantiane and Bramley names mentioned (in New Zealand ?).
Can anyone tell me known equivalent brands and models?
Or point me to a manual, or circuit diagram?
thanks!

I have the same 900AE/G lathe but in 12 x 24 running 110V. Build date 1992-6. Found this lathe is most like a Grizzly G4002/4003 lathe as far as the manual is concerned.
I may have a manual for mine but its buried deep in my storage shed. Bought mine from Acra machinery in 1993 when they were in El Monte, CA. IIRC they moved to Rancho Cucamonga CA.

Good luck on your search.

thankyou so much for a quick and useful response. I found a copy of the Grizzly manual online, it looks pretty close. (But mine is 220V). Now to spend some time with the old beast and figure out what's wrong. Hopefully its simple.

I have the same 900AE/G lathe but in 12 x 24 running 110V. Build date 1992-6. Found this lathe is most like a Grizzly G4002/4003 lathe as far as the manual is concerned.
I may have a manual for mine but its buried deep in my storage shed. Bought mine from Acra machinery in 1993 when they were in El Monte, CA. IIRC they moved to Rancho Cucamonga CA.

Good luck on your search.

You're welcome.
Just finished replacing the spindle bearings in mine today. 30211 & 30212 NSK brgs - $88 shipped for both on fleabay.
I had posted a question about bearing preload but for some reason it was deleted:wall:. So I searched elsewhere.....

saddle adjustment wedge broken

I'm fixing up my 'Frejoth' 12x36 lathe, which appears to be identical with the Grizzly 4003, and similar Acra, Enco - and any number of others that are rebadged Chinese lathes. so far things go well, it's pretty straight and I've picked up a 4 jaw chuck on fleabay.

The major damage is that the adjusting wedge for the saddle ways has been broken about 1" from the small end, and it jams. (I have the piece).
Can anyone suggest a fix or a source for a new one?
thankyou!

Back