What's new
What's new

Niles pneumatic scraper

I have never seen one either. Pretty simple design using a barrel cam to move the stoke. Must have interchangeable cams to adjust the stroke ?... BIAX makes a pneumatic scraper too...it's the same head as an electric scraper. I have only seen 2 or 3 in 46 years of being around them. BIAX say people who own them are working where they need explosion proof or electricity is difficult to find. They are one speed too. They have a long muffler hose attached to it and the motor does get cold. They sell a special air and oiler the insidt you use or you contaminate the motor. Rich

I didn't bid on it, was never in the market for a pneumatic scraper. Just brought it up since I suspected it was an unusual and interesting item.

I did buy a used Biax BL10 almost a month ago on german ebay, but it still hasn't arrived. It was marked as shipped the day after I bought it, but no tracking info. Economy shipping from Slovakia to Norway. I did send the seller a message (in English) asking if he had some tracking info, but got no reply. The estimated delivery date is tomorrow so I guess I just have to be patient, but I am getting worried that something is messed up in shipping. I'm not used to shipping taking this long.

Anyone else have similar experience when buying on ebay? Never had any trouble before, but that was always much less expensive and generally more readily available items so I didn't care as much.

Probably made by Niles for their own use (they made lathes) in fact there seem to be two Niles lathe makers ,one in the US and another in I think East Germany ,don't know if they were related as the made similar sized machines but I don't think they were the same company.

Braggers....My scraper is meat and potatoes powered, no brushes either, variable stroke with limited control, slow and cumbersome, gets the work done though....model number DC1960. I wish i could upgrade it to a Biax.

But seriously, why not any more variable speed pneumatic scrapers? They could be lighter and just as powerful.

dee
;-D

I wondered about the non variable part, but whether one may be able temporarily to hold the trigger bar partially down or not it would be hard to hold on to it and use it that way, having said that, a screw limit should work, a simple knob on a screw going through the flipper trigger that prevents full opening.
Much less handy than a variable speed knob.

Back