What's new
What's new

The Recondiitioning Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard King

Diamond
I have decided to step back for a while. I am so tired of the way the forum is headed. Taken over by Hobbyists or people teaching unprofessional ways to rebuild machines. Fakers pretending to be professionals.

I am also thinking of canceling future out of the USA classes and refunding the deposits. Thanks to all who have supported me, listened and talked about ways to do things and not argued with me as if it was fun. I will try my best not to read on here for at least for a few months.

I feel I am killing myself with my schedule and I spend way to much time here. I know my wife of 42 years will be happy. Over the years on here my Man chores around the house have suffered. You can still email me or call.

Please don't listen to all the bad advice that seems to be OK here now, don't be fooled by someone pretending to be an expert, they give bad advice IMHO. As I said before just because someone is a Diamond does not mean they know what they are talking about, all it means they are not busy with there job and has a lot of time on there hands.. I can't deal with it anymore.
Good Luck! Richard King

I think that is a great idea Rich, but if I was a betting man I could make a bit of cash because I don't think you can do it. :)

With the recent postings here there is a lot of good material and people stepping up to teach, so take it easy and relax, and enjoy life.

Daryl

Richard,

As for the way this forum is going you have nobody to blame but yourself. You tell hobbyist that you can teach them machine repair and how to aline machine tools for geometric alignment in forty hours of class. A machine repair apprenticeship is 8000 hours for a reason. Then when they come on here after their forty hour class and act like they know what they're doing you jump in there shit and boast that you're the only authority on machine tool rebuilding and your way is the only way. I got a taste of this personally in Boston when there was a couple of us talking about what to do with my surface grinder that I had brought. You walked up and give us you standard spiel about how you have been doing this for 40 years you were the expert bla bla bla for about ten minutes. That isn't how a skilled tradesman behaves You let your work speak for you.

NO!

You leaving is NOT COOL. NOT COOL.
:codger:

I am planning on attending one of your classes, just need to wait maybe 1 year more.

Personal story:

Richard King's instruction on lathe leveling made me able to correct taper on one of my lathes. A worn-out Monarch Series 60 that I spent days trying to correct. Went from .0015 taper in 12" to .0002 UNSUPPORTED, of course.

People actually think Richard's info is flawed somehow??

:nono: :nutter: :rolleyes5:

Does that mean I think he is a perfect human?
NO!

But I for one depend on his instruction here.

Richard: I understand if it takes too much from your other responsibilities. But think of the children! (PM children)

If Richard has been acting high-and-mighty, I can help with that. I'll send him a copy of the Book of Mormon!!

I genuinely wonder if Richard has some underlying medical or mental health issues. His behavior is erratic, vindictive, and just generally mean. It seems like once a month or so he has a melt down and goes on the war path.

Richard, Thank you for sharing your time and knowledge. I've learned a lot on this forum from you and your class. I look forward to hearing from you again at a suitable place and time.

Craig Stebbins
NC class,2017

Richard,

As for the way this forum is going you have nobody to blame but yourself. You tell hobbyist that you can teach them machine repair and how to aline machine tools for geometric alignment in forty hours of class. A machine repair apprenticeship is 8000 hours for a reason. Then when they come on here after their forty hour class and act like they know what they're doing you jump in there shit and boast that you're the only authority on machine tool rebuilding and your way is the only way. I got a taste of this personally in Boston when there was a couple of us talking about what to do with my surface grinder that I had brought. You walked up and give us you standard spiel about how you have been doing this for 40 years you were the expert bla bla bla for about ten minutes. That isn't how a skilled tradesman behaves You let your work speak for you.

My mtf apprentiship was about 8000hrs , now 25 years on im probably ok at it now. It takes a long time to encounter different situations to be able to become rounded.
RK shouldnt get the ache over home shoppers giving opinions on machine building if hes happy to take their money for lessons , you cant have it both ways.
I wish him well as hes demonstrated the difference between a factory mechanic and a true machine tool fitter and passed on some knowledge that is dying out in the west

Perhaps it's a matter o differing styles of questioning. If someone says "I'm planning on scraping this or that" they may be hoping for education, it doesn't follow necessarily that they are stating it as gospel.
People don't always frame what they are considering as a question, as in "How do you scrape a .003" taper down flat", they may state it as "I have a .003" taper I'm going to scrape out, not sure how to do that", both are requests for information. That very question was answered by YOU Richard, and it answered very well a problem I had. I appreciate that, thank you.
Another Time you explained how to force a bent taper gib with scientific progression instead of bending it too far, then bending it back etc.

You are appreciated here and needed Richard. My $.002

If Richard has been acting high-and-mighty, I can help with that. I'll send him a copy of the Book of Mormon!!

Well fer hem's sake Do NOT send him the Koran & the Hadditha!

"The prophets" advice for a person who boasts?

.....Is that he should go and bite off his Father's penis...

I kid you not...

:(

It only works if it can be done retroactively, as in Birthyear -1.

Meahh.. if ONLY things that actually work ... n'er mind.

Anyhoo... considering that RK seems to do a virtual suicide-bombing of himself about every four days? He must already have the book anyway.

Praise be to.... etc... that it is "only the internet", either way.

:D

I feel I am killing myself with my schedule and I spend way to much time here. I know my wife of 42 years will be happy. Over the years on here my Man chores around the house have suffered. You can still email me or call. .....
Good Luck! Richard King

Understood.
Hats off and :bowdown: Mr King.
Your advice on the board has been a huge contribution.

I have decided to step back for a while. I am so tired of the way the forum is headed. ,<snip>I feel I am killing myself with my schedule and I spend way to much time here. I know my wife of 42 years will be happy. Over the years on here my Man chores around the house have suffered.
Richard.

All you need is some hard earned brotherly love. Your Diabetic. True? You were a big bloke, 3 decades ago when the original DAPRA Vids were made.

All these recent video's show, your massively over weight. Huffing and puffing, with your arse firmly planted in a chair because you had to be. Most of those are in class.

I fully expect to log in, each morning, to find you have died by a heart attack.

Your only in your 60's. Remember the man chores. I'd implore you to pull that back into line. Recent Pics, was one of you woofing down a 3 pound steak. Less Steak, more Broccoli.

Regards Phil.

Richard, never met you but I posted a thread asking for any members in the Columbus Ohio area. You replied saying you were passing through there and offered to help in any way you could. WOW, I'll bet that there's members who live near the city and didn't reply. Thank You Richard. I also wanted to take your class but other obligations dictate my time. Scraping might one day become a lost art. Having been a mechanic and now a machinist I can appreciate anyone who mechanically repairs and then precision align something. Good Luck to you and your family in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back