What's new
What's new

scraping for dummies!

Seems to me if that was the case none of us would be standing in line to have Richard teach us to scrape. But I say this with an open mind of course.

Seems to me if that was the case none of us would be standing in line to have Richard teach us to scrape. But I say this with an open mind of course.

I was mocking the advert claims.
If the west still made machine tools people would be doing apprenticeship s in scraping and machine tool building.
I finished my four year machine tool fitter apprenticeship in 1994 which must have been one of the last in my part of the world and havent picked up a scraper for pay since 2000

havent picked up a scraper for pay since 2000

1965. Even then, all *I* ever did was bearing-fits. Cylindrical. Or had been MEANT to be.

:)

Flats went to mssrs. Parker & Majestic.

As to scraping-assist 'mechanical devices' - I have the manual for Andersons' mobile powered pylon and 'wand' system. It resembles a three-way cross between an old-timey Dentist's drill, my air-powered tile-mastic cleaner-upper....and the Devil.

Dapra Biax and two similar-design powered scrapers yet live.

All that other magical feathers class of 'power scraper' or 'aided scraper' merchandise has vanished from the Earth.

Must have been good reason for that...

Back