What's new
What's new

Trying to identify the base for this vise

TD-4242

Plastic
Recently just bought a Bridgeport series I that came with this vice. It doesn't have any normal slots/holes for t-nut bolts and was attached with saw tooth step clamps but is missing the swivel base. It does seem to have a unique feature of an acrylic magnified protractor that I removed and sanded smooth then buffed clear.

Identify brand model of this milling Vice - Album on Imgur

I was new here and wanted to make sure it was closer to the correct topic. If nobody here notices it and helps then I'll give it a try in general.

From the look of the casting, handle and name tags it probably a Kurt. knock off. Did you ask who you bought the machine from about it? My guess is that it came off a cold saw.

It was threw a consignment place, only info I know was that it came from a gunsmith shop.

It is basically a Kurt D60 rebranded to Bridgeport/Textron, ISB Model that has a one bolt mounting system. It is not missing a swivel base as it does not need one as you just loosen the center hex screw and it swivels. I had
emailed Kurt about one I have that I have since listed on ebay and confirmed the repair kit for a D60 fits on it.
It looks like you may be missing part of the clamp system. Couple of pics. of mine and a link to ebay listing for more
photos if you are interested. Sam

Bridgeport Kurt D6 Vise ISB Model One Screw Mounting System W/ Swivel D672 | eBay

D6702.17-14.jpgD6702.17-01.jpgD6702.17-02.jpg

Holy crap! that is it. And I have those little bracket pieces for the T slots as well, they were in a box and I had no idea what they were.

Back