What's new
What's new

Wilton 7010

goose4268

Plastic
Hi all, first post but as many say, I've been watching for some time.
I found an old Wilton 7010 horizontal bandsaw (3phase, 2hp, w/ coolant pump) and I talked the guy down to $250. The thing is, he said the drive gear or gears are gone (as in broken) and I had a hard time even finding another one for sale.
Do y'all think it's worth it, and what do you think my chances are of finding another gear set are(I imagine its the brass worm gear that's wore out)?
I could also possibly convert it to belt drive if I can't find a gear set.

P.s. he hasn't tore it down to see if that's actually the problem. But knows the motor and pump are good.

Id try and find out whats broken. $250 seems like a great price, but it could easily cost you 3 times that or more to fix it. I like to assume replacement parts are non existent for old machines in order to be ready to have to re-design/make/build/retrofit everything using parts from Mcmaster/SDP/etc. Maybe you get lucky and can find something, but i think its better to be pessimistic with used/old/broken machine purchases. Are you a hobbyist or are you trying to make money? The former, go for it. If this is for a business though, id invest in something that works out of the gate.

Corey

It's definitely going to get a full tear down and refresh with paint job, I can't figure out how to upload pictures.
I always go in to buying used equipment with the pessimist attitude. Even with the cost of fixing, it's as good as I'm gonna get with a 9"x13" horizontal saw.

Finally figured out that I can't upload pictures using my phone. The pictures aren't that great, but it's all he's sent me so far.
Screenshot_20171027-125302.jpgScreenshot_20171027-125309.jpgScreenshot_20171027-125313 (1).jpgScreenshot_20171027-125316.jpg

Back