What's new
What's new

WTB Kingway HK 200

lucky7

Titanium
As in title: would like to buy good condition Richard King HK-200 way alignment tool.

Alternately, if Richard is interested in putting together kits with cast compenents made in bronze, I'd be interested.

Regards,
Lucky7

As in title: would like to buy good condition Richard King HK-200 way alignment tool.

Alternately, if Richard is interested in putting together kits with cast compenents made in bronze, I'd be interested.

I'm a known hoor for some of the Bronzes, but in this application I'd have to ask "why?"

??

PS: "Good Condition" not a show-stopper. Scarce enough, grab what you can. Richard can put them back right, or teach you how to do. Shouldn't ordinarily even be much wear on them.

Simple: I like bronze and dislike working with aircraft metal. This tool won't be a money maker, so I'd prefer one made of material I like to machine and use. Also to be blunt, I don't need one. I've got enough tools to do the same job, just with more fudge. So really I'm just after one to play with...

Lucky7

Simple: I like bronze and dislike working with aircraft metal. This tool won't be a money maker, so I'd prefer one made of material I like to machine and use. Also to be blunt, I don't need one. I've got enough tools to do the same job, just with more fudge. So really I'm just after one to play with...

Lucky7

Hear yah. Shiney-wood actually IS done here only over on the sawdust-making side of the house, carbide woochoppa tooling.

Thermal coefficient of expansion is a hot-button for me - most especially on metrology gear.

Cast Iron in a "device", mated with a decent steel, or ALL steel, milled from the solid, and I'm less concerned with variance to a Cast Iron machine tool, morning to evening, and "in the wild" rather than a stabilized-temp shop.

Yeah - do the math, and it ain't MUCH for any range of temps a human being can stand to work in.

But still....

There was one for sale on Mpls. Craigs list a couple weeks ago, no idea of the model or size. Not involved in the sale in any way and don't know the dealer fram fram.

There was one for sale on Mpls. Craigs list a couple weeks ago, no idea of the model or size. Not involved in the sale in any way and don't know the dealer fram fram.

I wonder if it would make any economic sense for Richard to put a few of these into a "pool". Then lease them on a monthly or quarterly basis.

I'd rather have one come in cased with a calibration slip or such, knowing he'd checked it and tuned it up. Use it for a task, send it back, than to trip-over a gadget most of us nowadays do not use but for one machine tool every ten years or so. If even.

Back