What's new
What's new

1986 Enco 12x36

Manderioli

Plastic
My neighbor wants to sell his Enco 12x36 lathe. Comes with a steady rest, collets and storage tray, two chucks, new tooling, and change gears. 220v single phase. The lathe does look to be painted grey from the original Enco green. Serious parties please inquire so I can relay both parties information.

He is asking $2500 but would like the machine gone. Doesn’t have room and doesn’t use it anymore.

I have no part in the sale except to help my neighbor gain exposure.

Why did they NOT paint the tail stock?? And,by the way home shop machine like these are not allowed on PM.Thread will be closed. And put it on Craigslist at $1500 and it will sell.

Why did they NOT paint the tail stock?? And,by the way home shop machine like these are not allowed on PM.Thread will be closed. And put it on Craigslist at $1500 and it will sell.

So we can talk about any 9" Southbend in the forum, but not a extremely capable chinese made lathe, that has previously been used in many machine shops and tool rooms. I understand the "A" word, but come on.

Is my Delta 11" toolroom lathe that resided it's entire life in Lancaster Precision Machine and Screw a hobby machine? This isn't either.

Southbend's get their own specific forum where they're legit to discus, but that's where they're limited to - not the general forums. With the Asian home shop machines there's no place set aside for them, and generally they're not to be part of PM discussion. Same with older USA makes meant for home use, like the old Atlas or Craftsman machines.

Sure, it's a bit of a quirk, but the forum owner wants to keep this place oriented towards professionals, both as participants and subject material. Most of us understand and actually appreciate this, there's already plenty of forums oriented towards the home machine shop people.

"Reserved for pros" you must be joking. The most prolific poster on this forum has no running machines and hasn't made a chip in living memory.

"Reserved for pros" you must be joking. The most prolific poster on this forum has no running machines and hasn't made a chip in living memory.

Bob,

Thanks for posting this. By the questions asked and the quality of the answers given 90% of the people here are "Harry homeshops"

My apologies for stirring up a controversy on which machines are allowed on the forum. Admins can close the thread if they choose.

Back