Table Load Capacity 1,100 lbs.
X-Axis Travel 23.63"
Y-Axis Travel 15.75"
Z-Axis Travel 15.75"
Spindle Taper CAT # 40
Spindle Speed 60 - 6,000 RPM
Spindle Motor 7.5 HP
Number of Tool Positions 20 Position ATC
Max. Tool Diam./Length/Weight 3.15"/11.03"/17.6 lbs.
Rapid Traverse Rates 472 IPM
Cutting Feedrates 157.6 IPM
Machine Weight 11,200 lbs.

Equiped with
Side Mounted Swing Arm Tool Changer
4th Axis Interface
RS 232 Port Interface
All Available Manuals
Coolant System
Full Enclosure

Machine was gone over( servos, screws,ways,wipers, guards, etc in 09" by Bostock Inc. for the sum of $24.5K)

Located in Eastern PA

$4,000 obo Loaded on your
vehicle

Attachments

• IMG_0821.jpg
    IMG_0821.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 771
  • IMG_0820.jpg
    IMG_0820.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_0822.jpg
    IMG_0822.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_0823.jpg
    IMG_0823.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_0824.jpg
    IMG_0824.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
Can it do rigid tapping? Any idea how much memory it has?

A 1988 Makino that's probably in great mechanical condition for $4k and you ask whether it has rigid tapping? (you forgot to ask if it'll do HSM)I have a newer makino RMC55 without rigid tapping, it still makes me good money (somehow). That's a GREAT deal. If I was closer and had the space I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I could have that paid off in a couple of weeks without breaking a sweat.

A 1988 Makino that's probably in great mechanical condition for $4k and you ask whether it has rigid tapping? (you forgot to ask if it'll do HSM)

How the fuck do you know "it's probably in great mechanical condition"?

Why not rigid tapping? It has red cap servos and a Fanuc control. I'm sure rigid tapping was available as an option. I run HSM tool paths on a Yasnac that's just a few years newer.

What a retarded post.

I've only seen a few of these make VMC's, but every one of them has "rebuild" work done to them in their lives. Is this just a coincidence or did these machines have design issues with ways/lube systems?

That machine looks clean, like it had an easy life and there's umpty millions of older VMC iron out there a lot rougher with never a hiccup in the ways.

How the fuck do you know "it's probably in great mechanical condition"?

Why not rigid tapping? It has red cap servos and a Fanuc control. I'm sure rigid tapping was available as an option. I run HSM tool paths on a Yasnac that's just a few years newer.

What a retarded post.

Well it looks to be in good shape, $24.5k was spent on it in '09. With the work the OP said was done on his machine, I'd expect it to a very accurate machine, it doesn't look to have been abused.

The paint looks ok, doesn't look to have been repainted, the orange parts are definately the original paint and look in good shape, the keypad looks to have been replaced recently, the rest of the control doesn't look worn.

Not every 0M control has rigid tapping, it depended on the machine builder, and probably the version of 0M control. I thought you would know that. But I guess not. Again what do you expect for $4k?

Last edited:
Sorry, Inbox should be good now. If not let me know and I will message you with my email.

Machine Is running fine but will be disconnected and moved today for the space.

Receipts for work on machine can be furnished to the buyer.

Will HSM work with this machine at all, may have to drip information to it.

I'm a garage guy starting out. Almost pulled the trigger on a tormach.

Do you have the original Shipping supports that fasten the head to the table? If not can you properly block the head for shipping before disconnecting?

It's a CAM Package for Soildworks, Inventor.

HSMWorks | HSMWorks • Integrated CAM for SolidWorks

Clear out your inbox please.

I can not confidently answer that for you, I assume it is possible, what all it will take I don't know.

I'm not sure what's up with my in box? I thought it was cleared out enough before,I got an inbox full notice via email, so I completely emptied it, but still problems.

Glitch etc. I guess.

All interested parties just post here and I will message you my email. Hoping that that function works still.

Back