What's new
What's new

1994 Fadal 4020 Hydrosweep, pallet changer, extended Z, 88HS control CHEAP

macds

Hot Rolled
Hey guys, some may have seen my posts here regarding my vmc.
I have been using the machine for low tolerance work by manually oiling the ways and screws (without the pallet changer).
After I bought it, i found out the the turcite on the y axis had come loose. It appears the oiler crapped the bed, and led to bad things.
Its does have a brand new spindle in it, but i intend on keeping it for my newer fadal. Can supply a known good 7500 spindle possibly.
Previous owner gave it a god AWFUL paint job

More or less, this would be a rebuilder. Not REALLY sure what it would be worth, but im ready to eat my pants on it to free up space in the shop.
Toss me a couple K?
I dont have the time or space for it at this point. New machine coming Saturday.

Thoughts, opinions?

Hey guys, some may have seen my posts here regarding my vmc.
I have been using the machine for low tolerance work by manually oiling the ways and screws (without the pallet changer).
After I bought it, i found out the the turcite on the y axis had come loose. It appears the oiler crapped the bed, and led to bad things.
Its does have a brand new spindle in it, but i intend on keeping it for my newer fadal. Can supply a known good 7500 spindle possibly.
Previous owner gave it a god AWFUL paint job

More or less, this would be a rebuilder. Not REALLY sure what it would be worth, but im ready to eat my pants on it to free up space in the shop.
Toss me a couple K?
I dont have the time or space for it at this point. New machine coming Saturday.

Thoughts, opinions?

My understanding is that replacing the turcite on the x and y isn't a big deal if the box ways are in good shape. The oiler is probably OK, but if it was anything like mine the metering units on the saddle got blocked.

Yes, I should have said the lube system failed (likely metering units). The Z axis seems good, and getting lube.
The ways do show some pitting, but i think that would only improve lube retention ;)
I had intended on buffing the ways up, and replacing the turcite, but time is not on my side. Things are getting busier all the time, and with a new mill coming... im REALLY shoehorning things into the shop.

Yup, you saw it.
I never really looked at the first. They are still running it, but parts availability was more of a concern to me, hence the fadal.
The fadal i picked up has had ball screws, bellevilles, bridge, and amps replaced. Its a 99, so an AC drive machine.

Anyways, does anyone know of a rebuilder that might be interested in this old girl? Or should I just strip the boards, drives, and motors and push it into the bin?
What a shame that would be...

Yup, you saw it.
I never really looked at the first. They are still running it, but parts availability was more of a concern to me, hence the fadal.
The fadal i picked up has had ball screws, bellevilles, bridge, and amps replaced. Its a 99, so an AC drive machine.

Anyways, does anyone know of a rebuilder that might be interested in this old girl? Or should I just strip the boards, drives, and motors and push it into the bin?
What a shame that would be...

Find somebody who's starting out who has time but little money. Maybe do a deal, you will machine the turcite flat for them if they install it. There's a few rebuilders in SoCal, but it's across the border, and too far away

macds

How well does the hydrosweep work on your machine? I have with a 4020 with hydrosweep, if there's more than a light covering of chips in the bottom of the enclosure it's pretty much worthless.

you have to set the timer or program it in fairly often to keep things under control. works great for aluminum, not so much bigger chunks of tool steel

I didn't know there was a timer, I'll add the commands to a program next time to see how it works. Thanks!

Back